How do I remove myself from a non existent family group?

Discus and support How do I remove myself from a non existent family group? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am not currently in any family groups or an organizer of any family groups but I cannot access any settings because i only get redirected to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nello De Guzman, Oct 5, 2023.

1. How do I remove myself from a non existent family group?

I am not currently in any family groups or an organizer of any family groups but I cannot access any settings because i only get redirected to the support page for the Microsoft family account contact administrator.

How do I remove myself from a non existent family group? [​IMG]

Here is an image of my https://account.microsoft.com/family/home page but all the settings are inaccessible, just in case it is relevant, I am already above legal age here in the Philippines and I cannot access child setting on my own account.

:)

Nello De Guzman, Oct 5, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Nello! I'm more than happy to help you!

It might be possible that the system has detected that your account is a child account. A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older.

Also, a child account can't manage its own privacy settings which is why it redirects you to the support page and unable to access the settings.

In order to fix this, kindly create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you're done using your child account, add the newly created adult account to your Microsoft account as an "Organizer" by signing your child account on account.microsoft.com > Family tab

Note: It is important that the adult account is the "Organizer" and the child account is the "Family member" to make this work.

Once the adult account is added to your Microsoft family, you can proceed to use the adult account to either manage your child account's privacy settings or remove your child account from the Microsoft family.

Note: Removing a child account from the family would restrict your account to certain settings if not yet properly managed.

If you prefer to manage your Child account's privacy settings using the Adult account, here's how:

Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.
    Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).
    Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...,online safety > Xbox Live privacy. See More.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. LNYT_LEON Win User

I can't update my Privacy & online safety xbox settings.

NO I was in family but I removed myself from the group.
  4. wi7bit Win User

Organizer that needs to move child under their account.

Hi JOHNDELLIO

I've not tried this myself, but what I would do is try adding his mothers or aunt to your existing family group as organizers, then ask them to remove you from the family. The child should then still stay with the group.

He shouldn't lose any progression, as it's still the same child account.

Can anyone else confirm that this can be done this way?
  5. Verachi Win User

How do I remove myself from family?

This page explains how to remove an account from the family plan.
  6. Makipocky Win User

How do I remove myself from family?

Also if i remove myself from the family account (even though ive already been removed from it) Will i lose my gold membership even though it was purchased separately from the pack?
Thema:

1. How do I remove myself from a non existent family group? - Similar Threads - remove myself non

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. How do i remove myself from my family account? I am the only member

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i remove myself from my family account? I am the only member: A microsoft support website said to click the three dots next to my name and remove myself. Apparently the three dots should be at the top right corner of the box, but i don't see them there when...
  10. I have been trying to remove myself from a Xbox "Family"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been trying to remove myself from a Xbox "Family": So, my father died some time ago, and my account is still stuck in the "Family" he put my account into so he could set certain restrictions for summer vacations years before. But now he's gone and...