How do i recover my microsoft account when it is locked and i haev 2FA on?

Discus and support How do i recover my microsoft account when it is locked and i haev 2FA on? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; my account got hacked about a week ago so i reported it to microsoft support that my account was hacked. A few days later i got my account back and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Benjamin Lowther, Nov 4, 2023.

1. How do i recover my microsoft account when it is locked and i haev 2FA on?

my account got hacked about a week ago so i reported it to microsoft support that my account was hacked. A few days later i got my account back and reset the password and added 2FA. Not even a day later my account got locked so whenever i made a request for my account to be unlocked it was impossible to do because of 2FA. Surely there has to be a way to solve this issue. thanks.

:)

Benjamin Lowther, Nov 4, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Benjamin L, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty recovering your Microsoft account that is locked and you have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve this issue:

Try unlocking your account through the online recovery process:

Visit the Microsoft sign-in page and select the option "I can't access my account" or "Help me sign in."
    Follow the instructions provided to start the account recovery process.
    You may be asked to provide additional security information or answer security questions to verify your identity.
    If you are successful in verification, you will be able to unlock your account and access it again.

Best regards.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Cannot log into Xbox live because of two factor authentication. I have an old Xbox live account I am trying to sign into, however I cannot. Can I please have help?

Hello again, when 2FA is not active you can recover your account by filling out the form or contacting support and carrying out a procedure with them, I just find it strange that they do not mention that when 2FA is active it is not possible to recover the account.
  4. DeniqL Win User

Help with account recovery

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately that is the problem with the 2fa.

It is highly impossible for you to recover your account, unless you remember your password or recover back your security proof.

You can refer to this thread going in depth about 2fa

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...
  5. Lumie Helps Win User

how to recover account with 2FA

Hi there Matthew L. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues getting into your account.

"On your mobile device, open the Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery.

Sign in to your recovery account using the personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device."

You can find these steps here: [support.microsoft.com/account-billing/bb939936-7a8d-4e88-bc43-49bc1a700a40]

If this does not work and you are blocked by two-step verification then you would have to go through the 'I do not have this option' prompts that appear when you attempt to sign until you can change your security information and wait 30 days.

If you cannot do any of this then the account would not be recoverable unless you get that back.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  6. jit banerjee Win User

Someone Hacked my Microsoft account and sent xbox gift cards. How do I get refunds?

I have implemented the 2FA right now. However, there are customers like me who didn't had 2FA set up but that doesn't really mean that our accounts are not secure. We expect security measures from microsoft when signing in an user who don't have 2FA set up. Anyway how do I get back my money? I don't see a refund option in the purchase list.
Thema:

1. How do i recover my microsoft account when it is locked and i haev 2FA on? - Similar Threads - recover microsoft account

2. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  3. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  4. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...
  5. How do I contact Microsoft for my account if I’m banned for recovering my account from a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Microsoft for my account if I’m banned for recovering my account from a...: I contacted Microsoft about this situation and they help me recover my account but then a week later it was banned. I spent years on this account, I need help please Microsoft!!!...
  6. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  7. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...
  8. Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?: My son has managed to sign out of his minecraft account and I can't remember which email address I used to set up the Microsoft account linked to it... I've tried all the email addresses I can...
  9. I cant recover my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant recover my Microsoft account: It wont let me recover my account through the form as even when I type in the recovery form and complete it the automated system says its wrong when i know its right as I'm still signed in on it...
  10. recover a minecraft account from a deleted microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    recover a minecraft account from a deleted microsoft account: how do I recover a minecraft account from a deleted microsoft account, because now the microsoft account is practically gone, i don't know why they didn't give it days before actually deleting the...