How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?

Discus and support How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an account with an email that didn’t belong to me. I got that resolved and switched it to one of my personal emails. I currently had my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ric ib, Sep 20, 2023.

1. ric ib
    ric ib Guest

I created an account with an email that didn’t belong to me. I got that resolved and switched it to one of my personal emails. I currently had my Xbox damaged due to lightning, but I’m trying to log into the new one. Everything I try to use the email that was linked to the account a different gamertag appears. I also tried to sign in with the original email and it states that the email does not exist.

:)

ric ib, Sep 20, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Unfortunately, you are unable to just move a gamer tag only to a different email. The only thing you can do is change the email so the account is then tied to the new email, which will have the gamer tag tied to it. However, if the email you are wanting to use, already has a gamer tag associated to it. You will not be able to change the email.

More details can be found on: https://support.xbox.com/help/Accou...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How do I recover active gamertag if emails removed?

There's no way to unlink the Email unless you add a new email to the account, that means you need to use the second email you add
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Stephen.T.Makowski! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you deleted the email from your Xbox profile it means that Microsoft account no longer exists, what you can try is to recover the email you used and reactivate it
  5. Stephen.T.Makowski Win User

Hey Ricardo,

I didn’t deactivate my email address, I removed the email from my Xbox profile. I didn’t have Skype or my phone # linked too the Xbox profile. When I sign into the Xbox profile with the email address that created that profile, it doesn’t pull my existing Xbox account content, it creates a new Xbox profile. Any ideas on what else I can do or try?

Thanks,

Stephen.
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Stephen.T.Makowski!

Would you please provide us with further information regarding this situation. Are you trying to recover your Xbox account or your Microsoft account? Do you still have access to the email address linked to your Microsoft account? Also, this happened on an Xbox console or on the Xbox website?

This clarification would aid in allowing us to provide the proper troubleshooting for this situation.
Thema:

1. How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated? - Similar Threads - recover active gamertag

2. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  3. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  4. I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...: So recently, I decided to factory reset my computer due to hardware issues. When I reinstalled Minecraft, I realized that the world that I had spent more than a hundred hours on had went away too....
  5. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  6. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  7. Recover my Library

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover my Library: I just replaced my Xbox one with a new Xbox X series. I set up the new system but none of my previous games or digital purchases are in my library. How would I recover them?...
  8. How do I recover about 100 lost games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover about 100 lost games?: Randomly a little while ago about 100 games randomly just disappeared despite the having the same amount of storage used as if they were there. I've tried a keep games and apps reset and a power...
  9. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  10. I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an active account in an Xbox one that I no longer own, how can I recover it?: The phone number attached to the mention account I no longer use, nor the credit car used to buy content. ade55a99-e468-4b30-9607-620ec9a32cb5