How do I recover an account that uses a deprecated email company?

Discus and support How do I recover an account that uses a deprecated email company? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My current account, the one I have all my games and subscriptions on is on a @gmail.com email address, this is good, I like it. I have another account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hungry15230, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Hungry15230
    Hungry15230 Guest

My current account, the one I have all my games and subscriptions on is on a @gmail.com email address, this is good, I like it. I have another account that was made when I was much younger that uses a @Zoobuh.com email address. Zoobuh, the company no longer exists but I want to use the Xbox username that account had, is there any way to recover that account without the email existing? My current Xbox Gamertag is #0000 and I do not want those numbers there, the account I can't access has the Xbox Gamertag , without a tag.

:)

Hungry15230, Aug 27, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Hungry15230.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you.

There are some steps to do this (Remove an existing alias from your Microsoft account)

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.

1. Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.
    Sign in to your account https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com">https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com">https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com">https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. Select the alias that you want to remove.
    If it’s a primary alias, select a new primary before you remove the old one. To do so, select one of the other aliases that are on the account, and then select Make primary.
    You’ll use this new primary alias to send and receive emails, access your Microsoft account information, and appear on devices.
    5. To remove the email address or phone number that you no longer want, select the option Remove that’s next to it, and then follow the instructions that are provided.

(Add a new alias to your Microsoft account)

1. Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.
    Sign in to your account https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. You might be asked to verify your account before any changes can be made. Follow the instructions that are provided to select your alias:
    Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. After you’re returned to the previous screen, select Verify, and then follow the instructions that are provided.
    Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number that you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone
    number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and then select Next.
    Note Email addresses and phone numbers that are already set up as an alias on another account can’t be used.

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...e-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account?lc=1033
  3. Jo7ds Win User

My Xbox 360 was stolen

Just call your insurance company and get a new xbox and then recover your account using the email you used to sign up to xbox live with
  4. Internet Expert Win User

connection to xbox live

Hotmail is a deprecated service, but they only deleted emails if users went inactive for a year.

I would suggest calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX to see if a rep can help straighten your account out with a new, active email.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

How do I recover the email for my account if I'm not signed in?

No Microsoft employee will tell you a Microsoft account email address. Doesn't matter how much "proof" you send them.

Do you know the password but not the email address of the account?

If you have access to an alternative email address or phone number of this account, you can use them to recover the email address at:

https://account.live.com/username/recover
  6. Marysol S Win User

Please help, my account logs in on Microsoft but not xbox

So I was finally able to see a note that said a company email could not be used. But I had used this email I think in 2018 as I didn’t have a Microsoft account. So I would be getting the emails to my company email but now it says that it can’t take it. So If I can’t use account and have to start over that’s fine but I think I will still get re occurring charges for Xbox live, how do I cancel now?
Thema:

1. How do I recover an account that uses a deprecated email company? - Similar Threads - recover account uses

2. My Google account that I used for minecraft got deleted and I can't recover it. I tried to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Google account that I used for minecraft got deleted and I can't recover it. I tried to...: The name of my account was snipergamer230, I can't access it because like I said before my Google account got deleted. And so, when I try to login it tells me to confirm something that I can't...
  3. Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?: My son has managed to sign out of his minecraft account and I can't remember which email address I used to set up the Microsoft account linked to it... I've tried all the email addresses I can...
  4. Is there any way to recover a hacked minecraft account using its transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to recover a hacked minecraft account using its transaction ID?: Ive recently lost my Minecraft account without knowing, and recently ive tried to log back in. Problem being it said “My Email wasnt linked to an account”. Which i found very weird and recently...
  5. How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...: how do i recover an old account if i don't have info? I am still being charged every month and don't even use 2f03c363-473f-46fd-b85f-ed853c94ddc5
  6. When recovering account via online form, what address do you use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When recovering account via online form, what address do you use?: Failed 4 times at recovering my Microsoft account. I have 17 years on it, 275k gamerscore and own over 500 digital games and I can't pass the verification despite everything I put in is right....
  7. How to recover my original Xbox account I haven’t used in 2 years because I was locked out...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to recover my original Xbox account I haven’t used in 2 years because I was locked out...: I’m getting worried as I’ve spent a fair few penny’s on that account on games and add on packs etc, I have no access to the email associated with the account or the mobile number, but I can proof...
  8. I am unable to recover my password for the email account. Used on my Xbox One.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to recover my password for the email account. Used on my Xbox One.: I can't sign in or recover the email address. That's used as my primary account for my Xbox One. I have tried a 100 times and am not able to confirm everything and get it recovered. I have lost...
  9. How do I recover my Xbox account after using my work email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my Xbox account after using my work email?: I have a Xbox account that was still being charged for gamepass, but I could not access it. I went through the methods of recovering the account by providing associated emails and the credit card...
  10. How do I recover my lost Email and Password (i’m using a seperate account right now)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my lost Email and Password (i’m using a seperate account right now): So i have made a Microsoft account for Minecraft in the past,ever since i switched consoles it logged me off and i dont have my data anywhere.Is there a way to recover or Unlink my current account...