How do I recover a gamertag/find the email and associated account?

Discus and support How do I recover a gamertag/find the email and associated account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello all. I recently reset my console due to certain games not updating and constantly getting stuck on said loading screen. However, this has caused... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ESB_594, May 1, 2023.

1. ESB_594
    ESB_594 Guest

Hello all.

I recently reset my console due to certain games not updating and constantly getting stuck on said loading screen. However, this has caused me to lose or be locked out of my gamertag and the associated Microsoft account with all my data. I have tried many times to request a call with Microsoft support with no luck saying there's an error or the request cannot be processed. I have filled in multiple forms and eventually recovered one very old account I'd created some years ago which is linked in my current Microsoft account as well as the phone number that is associated with it, but it is not the one I need to recover. I feel all avenues are closed as I'm trying to find the email that is related to my gamertag that I've had for over a decade but I cannot seem to find an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

ESB

:)

ESB_594, May 1, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help recovering your account.

Just a heads up, the only option that we have is the recovery help options available on Microsoft website.

If you forgot the username or log in email, you can check this for instructions and some hints on how to recover it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Microsoft is really strict when it comes to account security and it needs to be verified through the security proofs being linked to the profile.
  3. Eword543 Win User

Hello all.

I recently reset my console due to certain games not updating and constantly getting stuck on said loading screen ppprecipients. However, this has caused me to lose or be locked out of my gamertag and the associated Microsoft account with all my data. I have tried many times to request a call with Microsoft support with no luck saying there's an error or the request cannot be processed. I have filled in multiple forms and eventually recovered one very old account I'd created some years ago which is linked in my current Microsoft account as well as the phone number that is associated with it, but it is not the one I need to recover. I feel all avenues are closed as I'm trying to find the email that is related to my gamertag that I've had for over a decade but I cannot seem to find an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

ESB
    One option you could try is to use Microsoft's account recovery process. This involves providing some personal information and answering security questions to verify your identity and recover your account. You can access this process by visiting the Microsoft account recovery page and following the steps provided.
  4. ESB_594 Win User

Hello Eword543.

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I have also tried this method but like I said instead of recovering the account I need I recovered an alternate account I made years ago. I feel like the email and associated gamertag/account is lost because all info I have reverts to me to this old account and not the one I've been using for the last several years.

Thank you very much for your time.

If anyone else has suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Regards

ESB
  5. dizZzanE Win User

Incorrect email address

the actual email address associate with my gamertag , the one i use to sign into hotmail and recover my gamertag with is [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT]
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Changing my Original account info

I'm sorry, but if the email associated with a gamertag has expired there is no way to recover your account.

-

The only suggestion I have is to try log into the gmail account on google and see if it gives you the option to reactivate the email address. If you're successful in doing that then you could recover your gamertag.
Thema:

1. How do I recover a gamertag/find the email and associated account? - Similar Threads - recover gamertag find

2. Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?: I've had a great 15-character gamertag for 11 years, one I came up with when I was 12 that is very nostalgic to me, that I just lost last night by accident by helping my friend come up with a new...
  3. Recover Xbox Account with ONLY Gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover Xbox Account with ONLY Gamertag?: I've been trying to recover my old Xbox account for a couple of weeks now. I found the gamertag (FoxSaysWhatVII) and the Gamerscore (2,090). I've been using many different email addresses and...
  4. Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?: My old gamertag is still associated with my Microsoft account email address and Xbox Live Online account. I have not not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold since July 2015. There is a resubscribe...
  5. Could I recover my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Could I recover my old gamertag?: I was trying out a gamertag but did not know the next changes will be charged. Could I at least return to my old gamertag? 20ab70ac-a9cc-4b42-a52f-5b07864eeade
  6. How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?: How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag? ad1ee8e6-71bf-4cf0-aa91-3219d9c40cab
  7. My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...: My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want to revert it back. Pls someone help me 2a67077c-60fd-4159-be58-ca3cb1c093df
  8. How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?: I created an account with an email that didn’t belong to me. I got that resolved and switched it to one of my personal emails. I currently had my Xbox damaged due to lightning, but I’m trying to...
  9. Can I recover the email of my lost account whilst only knowing its gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover the email of my lost account whilst only knowing its gamertag?: Hello. I haven't had an Xbox in many years but upon purchasing a new one I faced a problem. I can (I believe) remember my old Gamertag, however, upon several login attempts, I have resulted in...
  10. Gamertag Recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Recover: I have bought a gaming pc and tried to recover my old xbox gamertag associated to an old email address. It didnt work. I went ahead and created a new gamertag on my new email address as i thought...