How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller?

Discus and support How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a new Xbox Wireless Controller (the one with the Share button) connected to two Windows 10 PCs via Bluetooth. Both PCs are at least Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Entegy, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Entegy
    Entegy Guest

I have a new Xbox Wireless Controller (the one with the Share button) connected to two Windows 10 PCs via Bluetooth. Both PCs are at least Windows 10 v2004. I plugged the controller into the computer via a USB-C cable to get the firmware update via the Xbox
    Accessories app.

I don't see any instructions on how to use the quick switch function. I've looked on the Xbox website and in the box (the quick start guide only refers to syncing the controller) but nothing describes this functionality other than this blurb on the controller's

Xbox.com web page
    How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller? [​IMG]

:)

Entegy, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Ok, I seem to have figured it out, but I dunno if it's supposed to work this way. I double-tap the sync button and it switches to PC1. I hold the sync button for a second and it switches to PC2.
  3. Francia J. Win User

So how do you switch your elite controller back and forth from different devices to windows 10?

Hi ViperMagma, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button, and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox console it was paired to. Then, to switch back to the paired Bluetooth device, press and hold the Pair button to start pairing mode. The controller will automatically connect to the Bluetooth device you were just using while it also searches for new devices – just in case you want to connect a different Bluetooth device or Xbox. If it doesn’t find a new device nearby in pairing mode, it will remain connected to the previous Bluetooth device.

As of the moment, the said feature is not yet available on Xbox Elite Series 2. But what I always do is make sure that when you turn on your devices such as PC or Laptop, the Bluetooth is turned off then turn the controller on first before turning on the Bluetooth for it to automatically reconnect.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Series S|X controller forgetting Bluetooth pairing after charging on dock

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button, and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox console it was paired to.

For more information you can check this link for detailed steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Series X controller multiple devices with PC wireless adapter

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

From what I've read I believe this function only works between a bluetooth device and the Xbox. It doesn't seem to work when your controller is already connected to the wireless adapter and you want to switch to Xbox.
  6. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

Poor design decision(?)

im waiting on a quick charge third party device...i dont like the controller stands, i want to be able to switch batteries only, and not have to put them into a controller and then connect them or switch out controllers. Ya though, its been atleast 8 years
    since i've used a wired controller...
Thema:

1. How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller? - Similar Threads - quick switch devices

2. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  3. Friggin’ Quick Resume is the worst

in XboX Insiders
    Friggin’ Quick Resume is the worst: Anyway to omit a game from being in Quick Resume? I keep removing Fortnite but it adds itself back in then when it opens I gotta go back to Home and close the game and restart. It’s just annoying...
  4. FH5 QUICK RESUME

in XBoX on Consoles
    FH5 QUICK RESUME: After quick resume palline with Forza Horizon 5 always stated season presentation and after I can see my actual car but I cannot drive ( all joyoad command does not work). I did the proble alny...
  5. When can we finally exclude games from Quick Resume?

in XboX Insiders
    When can we finally exclude games from Quick Resume?: Games like Fortnite, Apex Legends etc. often just cease to function when started from Quick Resume. Why can't I blacklist these games from using the feature? Cases where Quick Resume literally...
  6. How do you close quick resume on Xbox series S?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you close quick resume on Xbox series S?: How do you end quick resume on games on xbox series s? 143ba269-1a74-45c8-82ba-e6469ab13c55
  7. Quick Resume ......What's Going On ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Quick Resume ......What's Going On ?: Ive been advised that having QR activated could cause some performance issues with certain games so im looking for a way to de activate the feature yet no matter if i manually remove the game from...
  8. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  9. Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick

in XboX Insiders
    Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick: Check out this clip! ttvmochajoby streaming Fortnite! https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyDaintyBubbleteaNerfRedBlaster-F-FUYXJw1dShtS-U submitted by /u/Rare_Performance_347 [link] [comments]
  10. Trying to use quick switch device feature on Elite 2 controller using PC

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to use quick switch device feature on Elite 2 controller using PC: I am trying to switch my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 between my PC and my Google home by double tapping the sync button as you can with Xbox Series X and S controllers. I have read that joining...