How do I prevent my son from making purchases?

Discus and support How do I prevent my son from making purchases? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son makes purchases without my approval on his x box, I've added a pass code to prevent this but to no avail. What to do next?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Richard Sandoval, Sep 14, 2023.

1. How do I prevent my son from making purchases?

My son makes purchases without my approval on his x box, I've added a pass code to prevent this but to no avail. What to do next?

:)

Richard Sandoval, Sep 14, 2023
  2. Slobosaurus Win User

Someone else is logging me out of my profile remotely on Xbox

They are doing this by signing in to you sons account on their console. I would suggest changing the password immediately and setting up two step verification to prevent this from happening. Please be aware that if there are no barriers on making purchases
    on your sons account, the person responsible for signing your son out will also be able to make purchases on the Microsoft store using any payment details linked to your sons account.

Hope this helps
  3. JukeboxCutefox Win User

Two accounts, one email. Purchase went to wrong account.

I can try asking but I doubt there is anything they can do.

How do I prevent this from happening in the future? Is there a way to close my son's old account?
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Microsoft - Xbox Support

After entering in the passcode 3 times it will then ask for the password for the account to reset the passcode the best thing to do is make a password that your son will not know. Or even better yet make your son a child account that has restrictions on
    making purchases on the account and this would prevent it in the future.
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

Xbox refund issue

Under most circumstances there are no refunds for digital content or in game points/funds even when it is purchased by your son. Put a passcode on your account and stop him from making purchases without your approval to prevent it from occurring again but unfortunately I think this is gonna have to be a learning experience.
  6. FalconGold7 Win User

Prevent purchases on XBox

Thank you for the suggestions.

In more detail to what I am wanting to do:

I have a passcode set up for the family-timer so that my son can play on the device for a period of time. He does not have this passcode.

I would like to prevent him from making purchases (i.e. skin packs for Minecraft or other games) as this has happened in the past.

I would still like for him to have access to live account as they chat and such.

I would like to prevent purchases.

Will try the examples above.

Super thank you

Anthony
Thema:

How do I prevent my son from making purchases?

1. How do I prevent my son from making purchases? - Similar Threads - prevent son making

2. How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?: This is the second time I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, how do I prevent this issue and how do I fix it if it happens again? submitted by /u/KozyKamper266 [link] [comments]
  3. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  4. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...: I was playing a game and I was randomly disconnected. I now have to wait 4 hours. My internet is good and my computer is running fine. I've cleared cache recently. Is there an outside factor that...
  7. Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games: My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start the game it tells me it has to load the new...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. Is there a way to prevent Xbox controller from being used?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to prevent Xbox controller from being used?: I run my headset through the Turtle Breach Xbox controller as 1.) The Aux cable is too short to reach the back 2.) Front Aux on the front of the PC slot doesn't work This is becoming annoying...
  10. How to prevent my games being used on stolen xbox series s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent my games being used on stolen xbox series s.: Hi, I am posting this on behalf of my cousin who is having issues getting his xbox series s back from his ex partners brother who is continuing stringing him on saying he'll get it back but my...