How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

Discus and support How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Spaghetti1, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Spaghetti1
    Spaghetti1 Guest

How to play with Xbox friends??

I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried using the xbox mobile app, but I can't see them online, (they are visible but not to me?) and they can see me, but can only send invites to the app which I'm not receiving on the app or steam deck for some dumb reason even tho I have both open. I'm lost. There's gotta be some way to play cross platform between Xbox and steam deck

:)

Spaghetti1, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Chak Prospero Win User

Unable to Join Game or Accept Invites on Sea of Thieves after installing Steam version

I no longer have Steam on my computer and I got a refund for Sea of Thieves from Steam so it's not even in my Library. I also uninstalled the Steam version of Sea of Thieves from my computer.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Microsoft Store oyun aktarımı[Microsoft Store game transfer]

Hi kntrk,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with playing Sea of Thieves you obtained via Game Pass for PC through Steam. In order to play Sea of Thieves, it must be launched through the Xbox App. Despite it being apart from Steam,
    you still have the ability to play with those who have purchased it on Steam.

I hope this helps!
  4. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
  5. Artem_876 Win User

Sea of thieves cyanbeard error

Yes, I can play both Microsoft and non-Microsoft games, but not in the sea of ​​thieves. And maybe it will be important, sea of ​​thieves is installed on Steam
  6. James McCarron Win User

cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11

Good evening,

I am also having the same issue where I cannot join my friends on Sea of thieves though the xbox gamesbar. I recently upgrade my pc to windows 11, and no issues with this on windows 10. I have both the steam version and windows store version of sea of thieves but only installed the steam version on my pc since upgrading to windows 11. I am able to play with my friends via the steam client, but when I try to join via the games bar I get the error of ms-application not found or something similar.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue are:
    Uninstall / reinstall both the xbox gamesbar and sea of thieves
    Deleting the the registry keys for xbox gamesbar and sea of thieves

Neither of these options worked. I am very confident it is not a network error as I am able to play of with others online. It is just inconvenient to not be able to use the xbox app.

Help is appreciated,

Jimmy
Thema:

1. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck? - Similar Threads - play Sea Thieves

2. sea of thieves and cross play with steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sea of thieves and cross play with steam: im trying to play with my wife on sea of thieves I gameshare with her system and I usually play on steam but it is refusing to allow us to play together as it will sign me out on either steam or...
  3. i am trying to play sea of thieves on pc it is saying i am not connected to xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am trying to play sea of thieves on pc it is saying i am not connected to xbox live: hi i am trying to play sea of thieves on pc and i baught it through xbox app with a gift card and it is saying i am not connected to xbox live so i cant play it...
  4. Can't sign in to Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves on Steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves on Steam: [img] I recently downloaded Sea of Thieves from Steam but as soon as I launch the game it asks me to sign in to Xbox Live and it gets stuck on this window without further elaboration, even though...
  5. Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...: I bought the game and can’t play e1dd421d-a9bb-40f9-8e07-42429b66cb9e
  6. Why can I not play Sea of Thieves on the series X, even though it says I own it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not play Sea of Thieves on the series X, even though it says I own it?: I bought Sea of Thieves for the Xbox one years ago. I upgraded my Xbox to the series X and was looking at games to download when I saw SoT was own and could be downloaded. When I start up the game...
  7. cant sign in to microsoft account to play sea of thieves

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant sign in to microsoft account to play sea of thieves: i bought sea of thieves on steam. when i open the game it is already logined in some account i dont know (it might be the account which was hacked few weeks ago) In the main menu i press sign...
  8. Hi guys i playing game sea of thieves for the long time and on days i trying to sig in and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi guys i playing game sea of thieves for the long time and on days i trying to sig in and...: Hi guys i playing game sea of thieves for the long time and on days i trying to sig in and its saying that you've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password a, Sign in...
  9. I cant play sea of thieves anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play sea of thieves anymore?: I got sea of thieves a couple of years ago with the 2 terabyte storage and i had always used to play it and i did every now and then. But i recently updated the game to play again however it says...
  10. Problem with Sea of Thieves: I can play the game on Xbox, but it's not in my Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Sea of Thieves: I can play the game on Xbox, but it's not in my Microsoft...: I started playing SoT in 2018. I think with Gamepass. But then we (we = sibling and I) decided to buy the game because gamepass expired. I don't remember if the game was bought on my account, or...