How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

Discus and support How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyler Burns1, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Tyler Burns1
    Tyler Burns1 Guest

How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive

:)

Tyler Burns1, Jan 7, 2024
  2. W Alastor W Win User

Friends List and Invite Bug

I have, on Xbox App, it says I have a friends list and same with the website

I do have two storage devices, one is a 1TB Series X/S Expansion Card and the other is an older hard drive which is a Seagate Hard Drive
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x seagate from xbox one not showing any games when plugged into the series x

Hi,

Do you still have your Xbox One and does your external hard drive still work on that console?

I have successfully connected both my Seagate 'Game Drive' and my external SSD USB 3.0 drives to my Series S without any problems. All my installed games show up fine.

The Series X/S supports the same external drives as the Xbox One/S/X support. If your drive isn't being detected it's probably become corrupted or has a hardware issue.
  4. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Hi Tyler, I’m Ryan.

Are you referring to Series X|S optimised games? If so, these can currently only be played on either the internal storage or an officially supported expansion card (the WD C50 or Seagate). You can install them on a hard drive, but you won’t be to launch/access them. You should be able to play Xbox One and backward compatible games (these don’t necessarily need to be installed on an SSD) installed on the drive, though.

The following support articles explain this in more detail:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/xbox-series-x-faq

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/smart-delivery-faq

Here to help.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  6. DeniqL Win User

My External hard drive will not allow me to download games on my Xbox Series S

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I´m guessing you are having issues with optimized games right?

I´m asking you because to play Optimised for Xbox Series X|S titles, games must be installed on the console’s internal SSD (the default install location) or the Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S which is this one:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/hard-dri...
Thema:

1. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive - Similar Threads - play games friends

2. Friends haven’t played games but have ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends haven’t played games but have ?: So my friend and I play together a lot but now they’ve gone silent. I check their profile and check the game stats and it says they haven’t played any games. When I try to compare it says the same...
  3. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  4. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  5. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  6. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  7. Hi is there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi is there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have...: Hi i there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have it on epic games a987ab19-1d63-4311-933f-3dbb21bf8d70
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .: recently upgraded from a Xbox one s to a Xbox one series s . Now that I have got my new series s I cannot invite friends to free to play games such as fortnite or warzone . I have talked two...
  10. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?: I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible eb8efcd9-f01f-4323-a6b2-eefd861a3bd5