How do I play Minecraft with someone else?

Discus and support How do I play Minecraft with someone else? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For 3 years now, my son begs me to play Minecraft with him. It’s so frustrating because we simply cannot play together. We’ve reinstalled iOS many... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jon82637284627284627284, Oct 22, 2023.

1. How do I play Minecraft with someone else?

For 3 years now, my son begs me to play Minecraft with him. It’s so frustrating because we simply cannot play together. We’ve reinstalled iOS many times, I’ve even bought two iPads solely for the purpose of playing Minecraft together. To no avail, we cannot get this game to work for us.

I’ve gone into the Apple network settings to allow local network access. We’ve added each other as friends. Sometimes it will show each other that we’re online and available to join, sometimes it won’t. Once in a blue moon, I’ll be able to join him in his world, but 99% of the time it just says “unable to connect”.

What in gods name is the trick to joining another person on iOS?

:)

Jon82637284627284627284, Oct 22, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Jon, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your frustration at not being able to play Minecraft together with your child on iOS. Sometimes connectivity issues can be difficult to fix, but let's try a few steps to see if we can resolve the issue:

Check network connectivity: Make sure both devices (your iPad and your child's iPad) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You mentioned that you allowed local network access in Apple's network settings, which is a good step. However, check that both devices have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.

Update Minecraft: Make sure both iPads have the latest version of Minecraft installed. Outdated versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues when trying to connect to each other. You can update the game through the App Store on each device.

Restart the devices: Try restarting both iPads to refresh your network connections and clear up any temporary issues. Turn them off completely, wait a few seconds, and then turn them back on.

Check multiplayer settings: In Minecraft, go to the game settings on both iPads and verify that multiplayer is enabled. Open Minecraft, go to Settings, and make sure “Multiplayer Play” is turned on.

If you are not signed in, use Xbox Live accounts: Create or sign in with Xbox Live accounts on both iPads. This will allow you to add each other as friends and join each other's worlds more easily. In Minecraft, go to Settings, select "Profile," and sign in or create an Xbox Live account.

Add each other as friends: On each iPad, go to the Friends tab in Minecraft and add each other as friends using your Xbox Live usernames. Make sure you both accept friend requests.

Try different hosting methods: If the “Friends who can join” method does not work consistently, you can also try using the “Invite to play” option. One person can start a world and then send an invitation to the other person's Xbox Live username.

Check your security or firewall settings: If you have any firewalls or security apps on your iPads, make sure they are not blocking Minecraft network access. Temporarily disabling them or setting them to allow Minecraft connections can help fix problems.

If you've tried these steps and are still having difficulty, it may be helpful to contact the Minecraft support team. They can provide more specific guidance and resolve the issue directly with you.

I hope this helps.
    Best regards.
  3. PatsFan2315 Win User

minecraft

how do you give someone else your xbox one minecraft world to their xbox one because my friend is tired of having to join the world so i can play and get our world a upgrade.
    Are you talking about Minecraft: Xbox One Edition or Bedrock Edition?
  4. DrinkBricks Win User

Need people for a minecraft youtube series :)

Add me, im interested, have a mic, have lots of spare time, and really need someone else to play minecraft with because im a minecraft loner xD
  5. FervidCactus6 Win User

Minecraft Multiplayers Wanted

Someone just invited me to join him on Minecraft How do I accept the friend request so we can play together? I'm just learning!
  6. Joseph Baruch Win User

Why do i need to pay money to play games i own?

minecraft doesnt appear on the MS store however if i use someone elses account to log into minecraft then i log into the launcher that way it shows that i do in fact own minecraft via windows : https://imgur.com/wYILu23
Thema:

1. How do I play Minecraft with someone else? - Similar Threads - play Minecraft someone

2. How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One: cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to allow from communation snd everything cross...
  3. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  4. I don't get achievements in minecraft, I've been playing world survival for 24 hours...

in XBoX on Windows
    I don't get achievements in minecraft, I've been playing world survival for 24 hours...: I don't get achievements in minecraft, I've been playing world survival for 24 hours without changing it one bit. How about this? fe29de06-cdfa-4006-a11d-13034dc500ac
  5. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  6. I'm from India and I have been playing Minecraft since 2016. In india Tiktok is banned. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm from India and I have been playing Minecraft since 2016. In india Tiktok is banned. I...: I live in India and I love Minecraft. I want the tiktok cape but tiktok is banned in India please help me Mojang, Microsoft. Please a6727a54-f4c1-4105-ab88-a4bdbd6c89f1
  7. Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?: I play on a Switch, I bought Minecraft on my switch and Have a Microsoft account. I already tried to reset my switch and redo the wifi router. I don’t understand, I play Minecraft on a switch and...
  8. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  9. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  10. Someone else is using my microsoft account to play minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone else is using my microsoft account to play minecraft.: Hi I'm metmet (not real name) On april my (other) microsoft account got hacked. It was the account I play minecraft on. I was a big fan of skyblock on hypixel. I had 600 hours and spend around...