How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock?

Discus and support How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own bedrock edition but it would let me play Java edition. When I go to buy Java edition it says I already own this but it wont let me play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Taryn Cleaton, Nov 20, 2023.

1. How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock?

I own bedrock edition but it would let me play Java edition. When I go to buy Java edition it says I already own this but it wont let me play

:)

Taryn Cleaton, Nov 20, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Taryn Cleaton,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble playing Minecraft Java edition. This issue may be caused by a problem with your Microsoft account or the Minecraft launcher. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

Login here: Sign in | Minecraft

Check what are the games listed you owned.

- Make sure you are signed in to the correct Microsoft account that you used to purchase Minecraft Java edition. You can check your purchase history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

- If you are signed in to the correct account, try to download and install the Minecraft launcher from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the launcher if you already have it.

- If you have the launcher installed, launch it and sign in with your Microsoft account. You should see Minecraft Java edition in your library. Click on Play to start the game.

- If you still see the message that you already own the game but it won't let you play, please contact Mojang support at Contact Us | Minecraft Help. They will be able to assist you further with your issue.

Consider checking this article: Minecraft: Java Edition Installation Issues FAQ | Minecraft Help and Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC FAQ | Minecraft Help

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  4. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Also again my order history will NOT say I purchased Minecraft because I did not. As stated before, I got minecraft bedrock because Mojang gave a free code to redeem Bedrock for all Mojang users that purchased Java Edition before a certain date see article below:

How do I get free bedrock if I have Java? (wikilivre.org)

"Windows 10 has the legacy Java Edition as well as the modern Bedrock Edition. If you bought the Java Edition before October 19, 2018, you can redeem a free copy of the Bedrock Edition. You can also buy the Windows 10 edition directly from Microsoft for $20."

I did redeem this code, so again what gives?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

Hi Victor. I don’t know how you played Java in the past. Maybe it was via game pass.
    But if the game doesn’t appear purchased in your order history, it means that you don’t know it.

About the Xbox edition, yes. It’s bedrock, but it’s the Bedrock for Xbox, not Windows

The free Java edition was granted to the people who purchased Bedrock for windows.
    Any other platform is not eligible, only PC (and the opposite if you owned Java)

You can double check this here:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

“I have Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Switch/Mobile/PlayStation/another platform besides PC, Mac or Linux. Do I get Java Edition for free?

Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC is only for the PC, Mac, and Linux platforms at the moment. This offer does not apply to consoles or other versions of Minecraft.”
  6. Nutlike Win User

Problems with getting java edition due to family settings

I was just hoping to get the free copy of java since I already own bedrock. Do i really need to buy the bundle?
Thema:

1. How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock? - Similar Threads - play Java free

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  4. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  5. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  7. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  8. I bought minecraft java, and apparently i should get bedrock for free but it says play trial ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought minecraft java, and apparently i should get bedrock for free but it says play trial ?: according to: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java---bedrock-edition-pc-out-june-7 i should have bedrock now, but i dont :/ c3279a2b-3b0f-4ebb-9efc-129b4093431b
  9. Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game: I bought a game pass ultimate subscription and however i am unable to play Minecraft Java edition because its asking me to buy it, The bedrock edition works just fine so does Dungeons its only...
  10. Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?: As the title says, I would like to know if I redeem my free copy of Minecraft for windows 10 if I can still play the Java version 4ba27950-5fab-4a3f-817b-232a071d9050