How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared?

Discus and support How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there. In the past I was able to play Audio CD`s through Groove Music. Since that is no longer available how do I play audio CD`s? I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Silgalian, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Silgalian
    Silgalian Guest

Hi there.

In the past I was able to play Audio CD`s through Groove Music. Since that is no longer available how do I play audio CD`s?

I have tried downloading the Audio CD Player app from the store but it does not recognise any of my CD`s. Just says No Disk Inserted

There must be a CD laser as I was able to play disks before. I don`t even need the DAC as I use Optical Out from my TV to my HiFi DAC.

I basically just need it as a CD transport.

:)

Silgalian, Apr 15, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Silgalian,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We know how important it is for you to use Groove Music app to play audio CD's. Based on the support article, Groove Music and Spotify: FAQ - Microsoft Support, Last January 1, 2018, the Groove Music Pass streaming service was discontinued. All the details were explicitly provided on the support article such as the downloaded music and the availability of the app for the platforms Windows, Xbox and mobile devices.

On the other hand, there is an alternative app however, based on your description, this Audio CD Player app did not recognize your CD. In that case, may we know what console are we using today? Is this Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S? Is this the same console that you once installed Groove Music app?

Let us know, we look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. yyr Win User

Groove Music App for Xbox Series X/S

The Groove Music app was NOT useless. We have been using it to play CDs on our Xbox Ones for years now. Suddenly, the app is gone, and now I can't figure out how to play a CD anymore. Anyone know?
  5. BeastBadshah Win User

Groove music

Use the Groove app

Add music to a Groove playlist on your Xbox One
    Find out how to add songs and albums to Groove playlists on your Xbox One console.

Add a song to your music collection on Xbox One
    Learn how to add songs and albums to your music collection on your Xbox One console.

Troubleshoot problems with the Groove app

Troubleshoot using the Groove app on Xbox One
    Resolve common problems using the Groove app on Xbox One.

OneDrive Music FAQ and troubleshooting information
    Get more information about how to use OneDrive to store and play music.

How to configure audio settings on your Xbox One console
    Follow these steps to configure the audio settings on your Xbox One.
  6. jasonp5 Win User

Stop Groove Music From Installing When I Insert Music CD

If I put an audio CD in, it always prompts groove as well. I have no desire to install groove. Why is microsoft annoying us with this auto prompt? When will they get the hint? Why not allow a default app for such things as Audio CD's or other media
    that has many, many apps that can play them. Makes no sense.
Thema:

1. How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared? - Similar Threads - play audio cd`s

2. Xbox One Controller not Playing Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller not Playing Audio: Recently I got an error message while playing a game saying my xbox controller was disconnected and I needed to reconnect it to play, which I did. However, since I reconnected it my headset is not...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  5. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  6. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly: Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop. Since November my headset has connected to the...
  8. No party chat audio in cross-play?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No party chat audio in cross-play?: Why when I cross-play Fortnite while streaming on Twitch, nobody can hear party chat? They only hear me. I've done every privacy setting I was told to do but it still does not work....
  9. Loud BEEP when i play back audio from my controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud BEEP when i play back audio from my controller.: I have a first party xbox 360 controller with a new oem headset but i hear a beep when i try to record a voice message. anyone help 360dbff5-57ad-4577-8ce8-5a99352562ac
  10. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...