How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?

Discus and support How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been having serious connection issues with my Xbox series X for the past month or so. Lately it’s been either a Double NAT or it says that it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matt McKnight2, Jun 18, 2023.

1. How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?

I’ve been having serious connection issues with my Xbox series X for the past month or so. Lately it’s been either a Double NAT or it says that it cannot find the “Tereso IP address.” Not sure why these problems have been occurring, and I’ve even messed with my router and I still get the same issues. I get randomly disconnected from Xbox parties (if it lets me connect at all), I lag very hard in games, and it’s just super tiring/annoying checking my Xbox settings as well as my router. YouTube tutorials don’t even work either, nor has a solution on Xbox’s support page worked.

:)

Matt McKnight2, Jun 18, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

How do I fix double NAT

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with double NAT.

You can check this support page for more information and some suggestion about this issue:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Hope that helps!
  3. HexedShadowWolf Win User

Double NAT

First thing is fixing the double nat problem and this may help.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
  4. GMAN990 Win User

How do I fix The Double Nat Problem?

Hi,

Please read:-
    forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks
  5. jmcode Win User

NAT problems / sudden packet loss

Your "modem" appears to be a gateway (modem+router), which if so creates a problematic double NAT situation. To verify double NAT is the issue, please log in to the web interface of your Netgear router and note the WAN/Internet IP it reports (WAN IP, not
    the LAN IP!). If that IP differs from the one reported by
    http://www.tracemyip.org
    , then your Xbox is behind multiple layers of NAT (double NAT) and getting open NAT will require special steps.
  6. jmcode Win User

Xbox one with nat that keeps changing to strict!

Based on some information I am finding online, your Visionnet DSL "modem" may actually be a gateway (modem+router), which if so creates a problematic double NAT situation. To verify double NAT is the issue, please log in to the web interface of your Cisco
    router and note the WAN/Internet IP it reports (WAN IP, not the LAN IP!). If that IP differs from the one reported by
    http://www.tracemyip.org, then your Xbox is behind multiple layers of NAT (double NAT) and getting open NAT will require special steps. (And any reports by either Xbox that it has/had open NAT were false,
    which does sometimes happen in a double NAT situation--the One seems more accurate than the 360.)
Thema:

How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP?

1. How do I permanently fix Double NAT and Tereso IP? - Similar Threads - permanently fix Double

2. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  3. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  4. Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?: I'm a vice principal of a small school for students with behavioral needs. Recently a group of students has begun playing games online together and are using the chat and ability to talk to each...
  5. How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned?: 2 weeks ago a user hacked into and stole $347 from our account and attempted another $200 before my credit card flagged it as fraud. Xbox assured us the user would be permanently banned yet no...
  6. Why is my screen permanently zoomed in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my screen permanently zoomed in: I went to turn on my xbox and it zoomed in my screen and I can't fix it even with the magnifier accessibility 37296250-7253-402a-a26d-3280192e4e46
  7. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  8. permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.

in XBoX on Consoles
    permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.: How ever you are suspended for your account deleted Roblox Xbox series x or Xbox one ada6e8eb-e791-4193-8ff5-d2102ad25eb0
  9. I keep having error code 0x80830003 how can I fix it permanently

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep having error code 0x80830003 how can I fix it permanently: I keep having error code 0x80830003. I have power cycled and I have factory reset my Xbox multiple time and it keeps happening how and when are you guys fixing it bc I have a buddy with the same...
  10. my account get permanent suspension, how to fix back, i already do appeal but rejected or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account get permanent suspension, how to fix back, i already do appeal but rejected or...: how to fix back, i already do appeal but rejected or failed, i am Never do ilegal thing, need help for get back my account c49831b1-cc7e-43c6-886b-a6157954af5b