How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler?

Discus and support How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So my xbox 360 fat power brick makes weird fan noises, and i wanna se the actuall fan so i opened it, and its covered by metal plate. How do i get rid... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by urke1013, Feb 8, 2022.

1. urke1013
    urke1013 Guest

So my xbox 360 fat power brick makes weird fan noises, and i wanna se the actuall fan so i opened it, and its covered by metal plate. How do i get rid of it?

:)

urke1013, Feb 8, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Unfortunately, Microsoft does not officially provide technical information for repairing or internal maintenance of the consoles.
  3. Blueheart14 Win User

Xbox one not coming on.

The Xbox one and the Xbox 360 power brick both have to stay cool just like the consoles they have a cooling fan inside of them and if you don't keep them clean they will over heat
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox one power brick

All Xbox 360 power bricks have fans. They vary in the noise made. I would expect the Xbox One power bricks to be the same. I've had noisy fans in 360 power bricks and I've had silent fans. Luck of the draw.

If it's really annoying, I would pack the whole thing up and exchange it at your retailer for another unit.
  5. SIGHTL3SS Win User

Power cable/supply nearly caught fire...

You can buy a replacement power supply from places such as Gamestop, however, your Xbox may be fried if it got hot enough to melt the power supply.

Make sure you buy compatible power supply though. If you have a newer FAT 360, get the smaller power brick, but if it's over a year old, get the larger brick. The larger brick will work with any console, but the small brick will only work with Jasper motherboards
    (the newest "fat" 360s).

If you have a slim, I'm guessing they have their own specific power supply.
  6. J.R.G. Win User

Xbox 360: Unnecessary Shutdowns

Actually a solid orange light on the power supply means it is working properly and is in standby.
    While orange may indicate standby when the unit is powered off, orange when the unit is powered on means the power brick has problems. Recently my girlfriends 360 was powering on with 3 red lights (Fat 360); Nothing would show on the television and the disc
    tray would not open. The power brick was orange. Took the console to GameStop and they let me try a different power brick (I only have slim consoles, so using one of mine was out of the question.)...problem solved.

>

Electronics can sometimes act strange and I do not know why her power brick would not come out of standby. I would still try a different power supply before arranging service.

>

Peace, J.R.
Thema:

1. How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler? - Similar Threads - open 360 fat

2. My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...: My Xbox 360 console CD track keeps opening back up whether I powered on or whether there’s a game in it or not cannot get it to close 4dce58ad-a9c6-46d8-9777-2469082be572
  3. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright

in XBoX on Windows
    why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright: My xbox 360 disc drive sometimes get's stuck when upright and does not when sideways. Also when I leave a disc inside my xbox disc drive does not get stuck. Does anyone have any idea why this...
  7. On my xbox 360 it shows a block named gold. If I click on it nothing opens. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my xbox 360 it shows a block named gold. If I click on it nothing opens. How do I...: On my xbox 360 it shows a block named gold. If I click on it nothing opens. How do I activate the Xbox live then e8db154b-ada5-4b05-bd68-f4ca70b15ffe
  8. Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one: Okay so I recently got an xbox one and most of my games work except lego star wars iii which opens blu ray disc and says we cannot play this disc please try another one and it works fine on my...
  9. Every 360 era game seemingly stays open when played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every 360 era game seemingly stays open when played: This is out of genuine confusion. Anytime I play any 360 era game such as Asura’s Wrath or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance my Xbox Series S keeps showing me as playing that game, even if it is...
  10. Netflix wont open on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix wont open on Xbox 360: Ive tried multiple times to open Netflix on my Xbox 360, but it goes to a blank screen every time, i even reverted an redid system updates but the issue was not solved...