How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...

Discus and support How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; using a windows 11 (pc) and the Xbox game bar to chat in Xbox. They only way it will allow me to use a microphone is to open a dialogue box and then... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaraTrimmer, Dec 28, 2023.

1. TaraTrimmer
    TaraTrimmer Guest

How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...

using a windows 11 (pc) and the Xbox game bar to chat in Xbox. They only way it will allow me to use a microphone is to open a dialogue box and then pin it. But when I do that the dialogue box blocks my game! Is there a way around this?

:)

TaraTrimmer, Dec 28, 2023
  2. TaraTrimmer Win User

How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking my gaming!

Unfortunately there is no audio under the settings for me, just general and widgets and shortcuts and personalization and gaming features and feedback. Thanks for trying to help though!
  3. Fathia Abukar Win User

How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking my gaming!

Hello TaraTrimmer,

This is a common problem that many Xbox game bar users face when they want to chat with their friends using a microphone. The pinned dialogue box can be very annoying and obstruct your view of the game. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this issue. Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Open the Xbox game bar by pressing Windows + G keys on your keyboard.

2. Click on the Settings icon (the gear) on the top right corner of the game bar.

3. Select Audio from the left sidebar menu.

4. Under Microphone, find the option that says "Show microphone in overlay when broadcasting or capturing".

5. Uncheck this option and click on Apply.

6. Close the Settings window and the dialogue box should disappear from your screen.

Now you can enjoy your game without any distractions and still chat with your friends using your microphone. Hope this helps!

Fathia A
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

Hello,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you cannot use your microphone when Xbox Game Bar is minimized. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It appears that this is a recent issue with Xbox party chat using the Xbox Game bar where the functionalities of Xbox party chat fails when Xbox Game bar is minimized. We will consult this to our internal support team, and we encourage you to submit your feedback using the Feedback Hub for windows. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum] See: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

For the meantime, you can do the workaround which is pinning the party chat so it stays active when the Xbox Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget.

We appreciate for your patience while waiting for the permanent fixed or updates coming from our working team.

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

Hello Colin R6609,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you cannot hear someone in Xbox party chat when Xbox Game Bar is minimized. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It appears that this is a recent issue with Xbox party chat using the Xbox Game bar where the functionalities of Xbox party chat fails when Xbox Game bar is minimized. We will consult this to our internal support team, and we encourage you to submit your feedback using the Feedback Hub for windows. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum] See: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

For the meantime, you can do the workaround which is pinning the party chat so it stays active when the Xbox Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget.

We appreciate for your patience while waiting for the permanent fixed or updates coming from our working team.

Sincerely,

6. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
Thema:

1. How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking... - Similar Threads - minimize pinned dialogue

2. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...: I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 recently but when I booted it up, it said my pc didn't meet the minimum requirements and as a result it is laggy beyond playable. Does anyone know why?...
  4. games from steam minimize every 5 minutes, i have tried every suggestion listed in this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games from steam minimize every 5 minutes, i have tried every suggestion listed in this...: i'm running windows 11 pro on an omen 30L desktop gt13 0xxx and this problem started Monday night. epic game console games do not seem effected but every game on steam (most of my games are there)...
  5. Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar: I am on windows 11. I am using an Arctis Nova Pro headset and I am connected to Xbox and PC. I switch the USB input when I want to use the headset on PC. It works fine. I want to talk to my...
  6. Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.: Hello, When using the Game Bar, The party I am in can't hear my when the app is minimized. or I click off to continue using the PC. This is a new issue that only raised during the most recent...
  7. My Fullscreen Games Keeps Minimizing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Fullscreen Games Keeps Minimizing: When I open my full screen games, it directly minimizes it, or when I first alt+tab and then try to open it again, it minimizes it. And when I. try to enlarge the game again, if the resolution of...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock quits server when minimized.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock quits server when minimized.: Hi, I Play Minecraft Bedrock on Windows 11 and playing the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. (Bedrock edition) I play on servers and when I need to use other apps and I minimize Minecraft (mostly...
  9. Yakuza 0[Bug where the screen minimizes and the game still continue but there id only the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yakuza 0[Bug where the screen minimizes and the game still continue but there id only the...: The game runs smoothly on my computer with only a few slight lags during gameplay. However, as soon as Kuze's cutscene starts during chapter 1 at the very beginning, the game ends up minimizing...
  10. Why does my minecraft windows edition resets if I minimize it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft windows edition resets if I minimize it?: How do I fix this? This thing is so annoying if I want to check my discord it will resets during mid game its very annoying is there a feature like it will run even if I minimize it? In java I...