How do I make remote play work with wifi?

Discus and support How do I make remote play work with wifi? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My remote play function for the xbox app does not work when I am connected to my home wifi, the same wifi that my xbox is connected to. It only works... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jose Vite, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Jose Vite
    Jose Vite Guest

My remote play function for the xbox app does not work when I am connected to my home wifi, the same wifi that my xbox is connected to. It only works when I am using cellular data.

:)

Jose Vite, Jun 25, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly perform an extended power cycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below on your Xbox console to refresh the connection, Jose:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."

Please restart your PC/mobile device as well that you're trying to use in remote playing.
  3. lh72722 Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

I tested my remote play yesterday at home. My iphone wifi was off and i connected over cellular with no issues. today nothing works. not wifi, not cellular. i click remote play and the jet appears and then i just get the same error message as others above.
  4. cterie Win User

Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now.

Sorry it took so long to reply but I had to work a lot this week.

Anyways, I tried all of the above and it still does not work. When I connect through wifi on my network it works right away with no issues. When I use my unlimited at&t data, or friends wifi or works wifi it doesn't work, and it use to work on all of those. Side note the remote control works on the app weather i'm on wifi or data so it's definitely seeing my xbox. Remote play still nothing but a black screen. If I could upload a video here I could show you but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Remote play not working how do I fix it?

Hi Alex, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Which error message you are receiving?

Do you have someone at your house who could verify the console for you?

If possible, try using another connection on your phone, just to test it.
  6. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
Thema:

1. How do I make remote play work with wifi? - Similar Threads - remote play wifi

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  6. Over wifi remote play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Over wifi remote play doesn't work: So, remote play is borderline unplayable (using xbone). I have found a work around in which I stream the console to my desktop, and then I can remote into my desktop with my laptop using...
  7. I can’t play Xbox remotely on my iPhone unless I’m on the same wifi as my Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Xbox remotely on my iPhone unless I’m on the same wifi as my Xbox.: I’ve tried using my personal data and a different wifi but it isn’t working. I keep getting the following prompt. [img] 2c630b99-cadc-4d7d-96be-cfeb3c5f7bcc
  8. Remote play working only on home Wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play working only on home Wifi network: Hi. I haven't been able to get remote play to work on networks away from home. It works great on my home wifi networks but anywhere else I get the following message: "Check your network...
  9. I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network: I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network All my remote play settings are correct This feature worked well 4 months back but doesn't work...
  10. Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.: Morning, when i try to connect to my xbox via the xbox phone app at home it all works fine. Then when i try to do it through 5g i can turn it on 5minutes after switching from wifi to 5g but if i...