How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email?

Discus and support How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I was younger and I asked my parents to buy Minecraft for me, I used my school email to create my account. How can I link my account to my current... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Aerel Gapusan, Dec 7, 2023.

1. How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email?

When I was younger and I asked my parents to buy Minecraft for me, I used my school email to create my account. How can I link my account to my current email.

:)

Aerel Gapusan, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hello again Aerel G,

If it is the email with which you opened the account for the first time, there is no problem and this may be normal for a period of time, while the change is made completely within a period of time, said email should not appear. So for now I can tell you that it is normal.

If you have any other questions, let me know, I will be happy to offer my help again.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Aerel Gapusan Win User

Hey Courtney, thanks for helping but I have an additional question.

I've linked my account to my own email and I'm able to log in with my own account now. But when I sign in, it gives me the welcome back tab, my school email is shown under my username despite logging in using my own email. Is my school email still linked or is it nothing to worry about since it's the original email I used.
    Thanks for helping me,
    Aerel
  4. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Aerel G, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

Your Minecraft account is actually your Microsoft account. To change your Microsoft account, you must add an alias (a second email address) to it and make it the primary email address.

But keep in mind that some users reported having problems signing in to Minecraft after changing their Microsoft account email address.

See: https://support.microsoft.com/offic...look-com-459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2

Credits: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/9f22c931-5570-433e-ba5b-fe4628c247c5

If you have any other questions, let me know, I will be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  5. AZZGALL123 Win User

Unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft.

Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different eAny update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different email at all. It's ridiculous
    Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft PS4

Hi Dimmy! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Once the account it's linked, you can't link a different email, will be necessary that he remember the account he made, to link the accounts he should use a different device as he has to visit a link on Minecraft site to do it that device could have the email saved
Thema:

1. How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email? - Similar Threads - link Minecraft account

2. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  3. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  4. How to link psn account without minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to link psn account without minecraft?: I'm want to link my psn account to Microsoft 2d5d4e77-8cfd-4bbd-b492-99e5773aaefb
  5. so we have 2 minecraft accounts with alot of data linked to same microsoft account and 1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    so we have 2 minecraft accounts with alot of data linked to same microsoft account and 1...: how do i fix it anything might help us c8247568-5ee8-44f6-b71c-8509d20456c2
  6. Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...: I got a new Xbox and got a Xbox account set up but it won’t let me create/add a Minecraft account that I already have it just makes a new one for me but that is not what I want can you help...
  7. My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...: My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft account rather than mine. I can’t log in dfd9edbe-a489-4b88-8691-2e810459e1fe
  8. Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account: when my daughter migrated her account we had switched her to my email, but i want to switch the microsoft account linked with her minecraft java account over to hers so i no longer get the emails...
  9. How to find out what microsoft account you linked to minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to find out what microsoft account you linked to minecraft: I have minecraft on my ps4 and I can’t remember which Microsoft account I have linked, I don’t know what to do as I emailed minecraft and I still can’t remember the Microsoft account linked,...
  10. I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...: I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in use, is this possible? 4285c3bd-f7f2-4fe1-8aeb-77f7e2219010