How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?

Discus and support How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jack1884, Dec 18, 2023.

1. jack1884
    jack1884 Guest

Hi,

I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X and save the game. I wait usually 5 mins in game and then quit to the main game menu where I wait another 5 mins. I then quit the game and turn off the machine as normal. It is usually hit and miss when I come to play the game on PC for example today (the next day) and carry on my save. Sometimes I can see my recent saved game but most of the time I see an older one so it looks like it has not synced. My internet is very good (Virgin) by the way. Is there a way to see if the save has uploaded before I switch off the Xbox for the night? It would be very handy!

Thanks.

:)

jack1884, Dec 18, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Jack1884, my name is Vanessa, I will be happy to help you today.

Searching for the question you currently have, I found information from Xbox where they explain how games are saved in the cloud.

Information:
    While you're playing, game data is stored on your Xbox console. When you exit the game, data is stored on both the hard drive and the cloud. The Xbox network keeps important data in sync so you don't lose information if you use another console or switch to a new one.

Note: Regular connection to Xbox is required to keep data synchronized. If you play offline, cloud data may become outdated. Data is updated every time you connect to Xbox.

Storage is provided for each game on your Xbox console. As your game library grows, so will your cloud storage—no Xbox subscription required.

Therefore your games are saved correctly in the cloud as mentioned in the information given.

Information source: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

As additional information you can take a look at the following link: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/a65a9796-4592-46b5-89c6-b814ad55b344

I hope this helps clear up your doubts.

Vanessa.
  3. 6thPathsPain Win User

I cant copy/move any saves to cloud storage from xbox 360 ?

skate 3 does have cloud save enabled. its been on xbox one for years now. when it first came to xbox one i uploaded my save to the cloud storage. i just cant seem to do it again. also to my knowledge cloud saving has been on 360 before the xbox one even came out. i cant even move cloud enabled saves to my cloud storage, thats my problem. i can only take saves out of my cloud storage on my 360. there's even youtube vidoes of people uploading skaters in 2022 and beyond.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Minecraft World Missing, Cant Retrieve

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Sabrina, what happened to your world is different from what usually fails saves, usually the console is online, it can not upload the save to the cloud and when you take offline it loads the last save that was in the console.

In your case, unfortunately I do not believe that you will be able to redeem your save because no upload has been uploaded to the Microsoft cloud and it has no way to fetch the save from somewhere.
  5. Mikeygamer109 Win User

Minecraft World Disappearing

Hello, thanks for responding! When you say clear local saved games, it will delete all games on my console but it won’t delete any games saved on the cloud. How do I know that my games are saved on the cloud?
  6. LJ Stark Win User

Importing Mass Effect 3 Save To Xbox One from Xbox 360

Do you have any advice on how to potentially repair the save file?

I do have ME2 save files on my X360, but I get the same error messages when attempting to copy them to the cloud as well. I have physical copies of both games - part of me wonders if its possible cloud saves exist and they just aren’t appearing on the 360
    for some reason? On my X1, I have successfully accessed 360 cloud saves of Red Dead Redemption generated on the same X360 holding my ME saves.
Thema:

1. How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud? - Similar Threads - saved game has

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  5. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  6. Is there a way to retrieve game save from the could after a game has been removed from Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to retrieve game save from the could after a game has been removed from Game...: Hi, I was playing Persona 5 Royal on Game Pass but now that game is removed from Game Pass. I can no longer find my game save on my PC in the usual spot...
  7. Why does the Xbox keep saying "can't save more game data?" When I know it has space?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox keep saying "can't save more game data?" When I know it has space?: For multiple days now I've been getting the message "we can't save more data for this game or app" I have soft/hard reset the Xbox multiple times. I have also deleted the main game I'm trying to...
  8. Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the...: My current situation is that me and my friend gameshare. He bought the gamepass and therefore every game he gets with the gamepass, I get too. Using GTA V as an example, my friend got GTA off the...
  9. Can I retrieve a game save which has been overwritten?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I retrieve a game save which has been overwritten?: Hello, My son has accidentally overwritten our Lego Marvel Super Heroes game save. I would like to revert back to the previous game save so that we don't lose all of our progress. The Xbox was...
  10. My game save has been deleted!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game save has been deleted!: After reaching around 48%, the game has stopped suddenly. I had to exit to the home. After starting the game again, the continue button was unclickable! The game save has been removed or...