how do i install update on another drive

Discus and support how do i install update on another drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi guys, i have a problem with my xbox 360 so i launched it after few years and wanted to update it ( i guess to 2019 ver.) and during installation... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kacper Piechocki, Mar 30, 2024.

1. how do i install update on another drive

hi guys, i have a problem with my xbox 360
    so i launched it after few years and wanted to update it ( i guess to 2019 ver.) and during installation there was popping 4467-4497-1380-26-7f-c000-0185 error
    i have 320GB hdd plugged in and i tought soft was on it, however when i plugged it out and booted it i realized the software was on internal 4GB drive which has 20MB free space on it, so i think not enough free space is problem. so here is my question, how can i install software or update on my 320GB hdd ( i tried to format this 4GB drive but it does nothing )

:)

Kacper Piechocki, Mar 30, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Kacper P. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I would like to let you know that Xbox consoles have a dedicated hidden partition to store the OS. So, it's not possible to install an update or reinstall the OS on a different partition apart from the dedicated one.

Note: The update files are stored temporarily in the hard drive, but after the installation they're removed.

However, based on the information you provided, I would like to ask if you tried every potential solution provided by Microsoft in this related support article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-update-help

More specifically, the potential solutions 5 and 7.

I'll remain attentive to your answers.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Kacper. Thanks for replying.
    Unfortunately, I don't recommend downloading the update file from any other site apart from the Xbox support one, but I can confirm that it seems the file is not available to download for now.

So, what I could recommend is try attempting to download the update file from the link above in the following hours or days.
    Once you have downloaded the file, test if you are able to update the console or not.

However, if the same error appears, this means your console has some hardware issue that's preventing the OS to being updated as stated by Microsoft in “solution 8”.
  4. Kacper Piechocki Win User

Just tried to install update from solution number 5, following steps but this error code 4467-4497-1600-267F-C000-0185 appeard, i see it's slightly different from one i got when tried to update from network, but tried every solution available. do You have idea what else could i do?
  5. Kacper Piechocki Win User

I tried these, number 7, didn't work but i wanted to do the usb but when i tried to install update file it directed me to 404 error, do You know where can i find this file?
    **Update**
    I just found it in internet archivesm i hope it will work thank You very much for help appreciate that!!
  6. Kacper Piechocki Win User

i tried to install different updates and one of them worked,

thanks for all help
Thema:

1. how do i install update on another drive - Similar Threads - install update another

2. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  3. Status Code: 445E - 4497 - 1600 - 267F - C000 - 0185 Cant install xbox 360 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Status Code: 445E - 4497 - 1600 - 267F - C000 - 0185 Cant install xbox 360 update: hello, Ive recently been trying to update my xbox 360 with the latest update, and ive tried to download it through xbox live and usb device and nothing worked, ive also went to the update...
  4. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  5. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  6. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  7. New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570: I've tried all the things you would think of to get this update to install. Restarting. Unplugging. Switch networks. Hardwiring. Deleting account from console. Resetting keeping games and apps....
  8. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  9. Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...: Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X console, you install it, then update it, then put disc back it, it opens the base install with addon again, this seems to be the only Christmas game I got...
  10. Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...: Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X console, you install it, then update it, then put disc back it, it opens the base install with addon again, this seems to be the only Christmas game I got...