How do I install an Xbox 360 game using a disc on an Xbox One S console?

Discus and support How do I install an Xbox 360 game using a disc on an Xbox One S console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently bought a game called "Red Dead Redemption" Xbox 360 disc and I wanted to install it, however when I put the disc inside of the console... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mark Gamer, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Mark Gamer
    Mark Gamer Guest

I've recently bought a game called "Red Dead Redemption" Xbox 360 disc and I wanted to install it, however when I put the disc inside of the console nothing pops up. I've checked my full library and it's not there and when I check the game in the store it says I have to buy it.

I also have an other Xbox 360 disc game, so I tried to launch it and it did without any problems.

Note: I do not have an Xbox 360 console

:)

Mark Gamer, Aug 17, 2023
  2. AndrewLunardi Win User

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

Hi there

Unfortunately i have the xbox one s all digital edition, this does not have a disc drive, therefore i cannot use the disc copies i have. The games are installed on my xbox 360 from disc, and i was wondering if they could be installed on my xbox one and be
    played without use of the discs?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Disc installation fo battlefield 3

You haven't stated if you are using a Xbox 360 or a Xbox One. If you are trying to install on a Xbox One, then the whole game installs without the need to install the 2nd disc. If you are using a Xbox 360, then you do not need to install the discs.
  4. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Mark *.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes you need to be connected to the servers so you can download an enhance patch that allows the game to be playable, some games are not backward compatible and there will be a pop up letting you know.

If the problem persist please clean your game disc with a microfiber cloth.

Thanks,
    Mauro
  5. [EX] Win User

Hi,

so first of all, RDR should work, but you need to be online cause you need to download the compatible version of the game. The disc is only to show the system that you own the game.

The question is, have you been online ?
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Is it possible to download Xbox One's operating system onto Xbox 360?

That's unfortunately not how things work.

The Xbox One OS and its games are created specifically for the Xbox One console hardware, which requires hardware performance that far exceeds the capabilities of the Xbox 360. For one thing, the Xbox One games are Blu-Ray discs, and the Xbox 360
    only reads DVDs - the 360 wouldn't even be able to detect the game in the first place.

It's like how you can't install today's Windows 10 operating system on a computer manufactured in the 1980's... or PS3 games on a PS2 console (among other examples).
Thema:

1. How do I install an Xbox 360 game using a disc on an Xbox One S console? - Similar Threads - install 360 game

2. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  3. Status Code: 445E - 4497 - 1600 - 267F - C000 - 0185 Cant install xbox 360 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Status Code: 445E - 4497 - 1600 - 267F - C000 - 0185 Cant install xbox 360 update: hello, Ive recently been trying to update my xbox 360 with the latest update, and ive tried to download it through xbox live and usb device and nothing worked, ive also went to the update...
  4. When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...

in XBoX on Windows
    When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...: I have 101 apps installed on my Xbox 360 S. When the console is connected to the Internet, will some installed applications no longer supported be auto uninstalled upon the request of the...
  5. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  6. How do I install Spider Man Web of Shadows on Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I install Spider Man Web of Shadows on Xbox 360.: I bought Spider-Man Web of Shadows on Xbox 360 a fair few years ago before it was delisted and have recently picked up an Xbox 360 to play older games. I have checked on the Xbox on purchase...
  7. Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.: Just bought an Xbox One and began downloading compatible Xbox 360 games. I ran into a problem with Borderlands for the Xbox 360. I have the GotY Edition (2 disc version). For some reason the...
  8. Can an Xbox 360 Install a Game from Any Region?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can an Xbox 360 Install a Game from Any Region?: SKIP TO THE LINES SEPARATED FROM THE OTHERS TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT Hi, I'm just wondering, since I want to buy Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for the Xbox 360, but it doesn't want to download...
  9. Why can't I install 360 games on my series x offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install 360 games on my series x offline?: Im currently trying to install a backwards compatible game on my series x and it says install disc on the dashboard like normal but when I try to install it nothing happens. Note I have no wifi...
  10. Is there a way for me to use my computer space to install and play games on my xbox 360?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way for me to use my computer space to install and play games on my xbox 360?...: Is there a way to use my computer hard drive to install and play games on my xbox 360 without taking anything apart or using a flash drive? 45600f42-8d1a-4db5-a57c-84108112da99