How do I improve downloading speed?

Discus and support How do I improve downloading speed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m downloading Forza horizon 5 which is 170gb (with add ons) and it’s only downloading at 1.5MB/S. That’s like 20 hours to download. I have found that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KoohmiJ21, Dec 25, 2023.

1. KoohmiJ21
    KoohmiJ21 Guest

I’m downloading Forza horizon 5 which is 170gb (with add ons) and it’s only downloading at 1.5MB/S. That’s like 20 hours to download. I have found that it does this for updates and downloads for other games as well and I definitely don’t have a low end PC. I want to know if this is a normal downloading speed for Microsoft servers and if there is anything I can do about it. I’ve tried changing my DNS server, resetting my network and pretty much everything I could find and it hasn’t changed a thing.

:)

KoohmiJ21, Dec 25, 2023
  2. TimB101 Win User

Hi,

I'm Tim, an Independent Advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. I don't work for Microsoft and do not have access to any of your data on their system.

How are you connecting your Xbox to the internet? With an Ethernet lead or wirelessly?

Kind regards

Tim
  3. JHeskD Win User

how to improve download speeds?

Also will it make a difference that I'm downloading to a USB (the official xbox kind) drive?
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

how to improve download speeds?

As far as improving the time it takes to download a game that is dependent on your ISP. Go to
    http://speedtest.net and see what your dl/up speeds are. As far as the downloading stopping when during another activity, that is something that cant be helped.
  5. nVo Fusion Win User

Improve Download Speed

I have tried that link, and it is showing as it is a registered domain name, but it is not linked to any websites. Try going to
    speedtest.net on your Xbox Console, and let me know your results. When and if the website you gave was working, it may have had a compatibility problem with the Xbox Consoles.
  6. nVo Fusion Win User

Improve Download Speed

Weird, I did not know that Xbox did not support Flash :/

-

But I just found out that you can not run a legitimate speed test from the Xbox's Internet Explorer app either. The Xbox's IE app does not have the capability to run as much data as required at a time for a successful test. The speeds shown in the app are
    much slower then your actual speeds.
Thema:

1. How do I improve downloading speed? - Similar Threads - improve downloading speed

2. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  3. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  4. Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...: When are Microsoft going to actually address the forever wait times to play just about any game, I began paying more for ultimate, I love the cloud gaming service try a game before buying it, it...
  5. Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment

in XboX Insiders
    Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment: As per the title. I believe if "The Finals" game that just recently closed its open beta and it is predicted to released early December is the next big thing for FPS enthusiast. With standard game...
  6. We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community: A lot of bad players até comigo from other platforms 05d0c125-04e3-4ccb-af04-0fd19537eeeb
  7. Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

in XboX Insiders
    Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator: I’ve been a daily user of the Xbox Wireless Headset since its release, and I must say, it’s been a fantastic experience. However, there’s one aspect that has been a consistent source of...
  8. Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...: Please let me know. Thanks. d05f1a14-d675-4003-86bb-769a2c170264
  9. I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.: I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service. I have seen its evolution but I notice that it is still missing. Especially in input lag. submitted by /u/jonathanfcb...
  10. Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas

in XboX Insiders
    Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas: For two years I was amongst the many who could never reach their advertised speeds on their Series X|S regardless of settings, bypassing the router, being hardwired, all other other devices being...