How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?

Discus and support How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How on earth has microsoft not incorporated this feature like discord does? I need a hotkey to mute my mic and yet the app has nothing of the sort.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GrimmBoozy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. GrimmBoozy
    GrimmBoozy Guest

How on earth has microsoft not incorporated this feature like discord does?

I need a hotkey to mute my mic and yet the app has nothing of the sort.

I can not mute my entire system mic because I still need it to talk to stream.

Does anybody have any solutions?

:)

GrimmBoozy, Aug 20, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello hish,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This thread is a bit old, so it will be locked due to its age. If you require support, or would like to start a discussion, please create a new thread. We will be happy to help you
    there!

Thanks again
  3. EDKILL13 Win User

Microphone On/Off - Windows Key + Alt + M

** Sry my bad that`s for Xbox Game Bar.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

here is a quick and lightweight way of creating a hotkey for mic muting

https://sourceforge.net/projects/micmute/

have just tested it and seems to do the job well, right click it on the taskbar notifications area and setup hotkey.

pops up to let you know it has muted or turned on also
  5. Hish137 Win User

this does not work on gamebar either. Maybe it's a bug. Just not working. I see the option in shortcuts, but doesn't work.
  6. darkist1 Win User

Setting up HD60s with gen 3 A50s

Hi CaptainCDN,

The best way I've found to share my party chat from my xbox to a stream or game recording, is having a secondary account logged in on my Xbox Companion App on my PC, and joining the party chat with that. just remember to mute its mic.
Thema:

1. How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app? - Similar Threads - hotkey mute mic

2. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  3. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  4. Party chat for a mute

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat for a mute: I play on series x with a keyboard attached for faster xbox messaging because i am unable to speak with a disability. In party chat i use text to speech and it is a huge benefit. MY question is,...
  5. Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work: Like the title says, I'm unable to use the hotkey command to toggle mute my microphone. I've started several things from reinstalling game bar to running scripts. Nothing I do seems to work, I can...
  6. How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?: How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app? 406ca985-419c-48d0-b66d-76ba6fd455f3
  7. Xbox Game Bar Push to Talk Hotkey not Functional

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Push to Talk Hotkey not Functional: Hello, I have seen this same post be locked due to age without any solution several times. I don't currently see one open, so I thought I would contribute to the white noise of being ignored....
  8. Hotkey mute mic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hotkey mute mic?: how do i set a hotkey or keybind to mute my mic In party chat in the xbox beta app or the Xbox console companion app?? Windows 10. d8050964-5cde-4d56-8d84-1582e0850db4
  9. Windows 10 XBOX app mute mic for party chat hotkey

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 XBOX app mute mic for party chat hotkey: Hey, I had a question about the XBOX console companion app for windows 10. If you are in an XBOX party chat on this app, is there some way to quickly mute your mic? Maybe some hotkey or...
  10. hotkey mic mute like discord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hotkey mic mute like discord: I love being able to use the xbox windows app for game chat for when i stream or record gameplay but when i talk to my chat i have to manually click on the mute button but in the middle of a game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 xbox app mic mute

2. how to mute xbox console companion app

3. xbox party pc mute shortcut

4. xbox app toggle mute,
  5. mute xbox chat with hotkey,
  6. xbox console companion hot key mute mic,
  7. can you mute yourself with a hotkey on the xbox console companion,
  8. xbox companion app hotkey mute