How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?

Discus and support How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So in the top left of the screen it shows my real name and it is honestly very annoying.. I have to play my Xbox One in a public place sometimes with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WarMetalGreyMon, Dec 5, 2023.

1. How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?

So in the top left of the screen it shows my real name and it is honestly very annoying.. I have to play my Xbox One in a public place sometimes with strangers, so I definitely don't want them to know my real name just by walking by... (getting to work on fixing that soon.)

But even then if I'm streaming that also is a problem since Xbox One's crash quite frequently so I can't even stream nowadays..

So how do I remove my real name from being posted on the top left of the home screen? I don't want to change my real name, because my friends won't be able to see it..

This is honestly a bad "feature" exposing our privacy like that. I am posting so hopefully this gets fixed, as all the forums and tutorials I've checked had no way to fix it..

And no I'm not downloading the "companion app" that thing is **** and I won't have it on my phone.. I like my privacy. And I would rather you didn't use my real name for this ****. (And it wouldn't help anyways.)

Anyways posting this so maybe they'll fix it.. But I bet they'll just copy-pasta a quick answer as the first reply as usual. So click that "I have the same problem" button so they fix this asap.

:)

WarMetalGreyMon, Dec 5, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?