How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft

Discus and support How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; How do i go about reporting someone through xbox live when ever i report someone for randomly harassing me for no reason and being purely... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Logan Wagner1, Jan 18, 2024.

1. How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft

How do i go about reporting someone through xbox live when ever i report someone for randomly harassing me for no reason and being purely unsportsmanlike, all because they lost. bringing loved ones and family into an altercation THEY started but the enforcement team assures me its fine for someone to randomly do these things but I got striked for using the word "suck", make it make sense. Its so unfair bro like i can never talk smack back because of worry i might get banned

:)

Logan Wagner1, Jan 18, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Logan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, take a look at the Community Standards to better familiarize whit it.

https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards

You can also check your account status here: https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/enforcement-history

For information on how to Report a Player, you can use this one: https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/file-a-complaint

I hope this helps.
  3. Red KillMachine Win User

How do i go about reporting someone for hacking?

Keep your account information at hand just in case. You may want to change up your password, and notify by calling microsoft and giving them the person's gamertag just in case. But what I really recommend most important is to not reply to the person in
    any way, block communication using the block communications feature on the messages screen, file complaint, and go the extra mile and put him on the to be avoided list. That way you have all your bases covered.
  4. Yousef Islam Win User

Don't put the guy's gamertag on here. Just report him using the in-game system as well as the Dashboard system.
  5. Ky3217 Win User

First of all, it's doubtful he could do anything. Most people arent smart enough.

Second of all, report him on xbox if it's true. You shouldnt name and shame on here
  6. FearisThavirus Win User

Dealing with a Booter/DDOSer

unless Microsoft can prove it or have solid evidence they cannot ban anyone for ddos as they do not have the ability to see it happen, it is impossible for Microsoft to see it or detect it as it does not involve the Xbox network, ddos is a direct attack and does not go through the Xbox network.

with ddos attacks you have to report it to the isp, they in turn have to log it and investigate it and it can lead to prosecution, it comes under cyber terrorism.

the only time Microsoft can do anything is when the attacker messages the victim through Xbox network. if someone is reported for ddos then Microsoft cannot ban them for that as Microsoft have no evidence and they cannot ban on circumstantial or by word of mouth.
    This individual verbally speaks about his illegal activities recklessly in Xbox live parties on a daily basis. I know for a fact voice communication is recorded which include Xbox live parties. I know an individual who had gotten a permanent ban due to the nature and context of what he had said verbally in a party before. I just want to know what the best way to report this person. Do I report it under voice communication? Other? Or should I report it under Terrorism?
Thema:

1. How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft - Similar Threads - reporting someone through

2. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  3. How do you report someone for cheating in a game when that option is not available in XBOX...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you report someone for cheating in a game when that option is not available in XBOX...: I constantly run in to cheaters playing Forza Horizon 5 especially playing in the Eliminator. I don't always have my games recording or take a screenshot and this happens often enough it's a waste...
  4. What if I want to report someone but it's in party chat text

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What if I want to report someone but it's in party chat text: party chat text gets deleted after the party chat ends I have pictures I just don't know were to report were I can send in pictures 34d53235-c632-4dd8-a148-4486a2560ddd
  5. So my account got suspended for someone reporting what I said which was, " can I get head...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So my account got suspended for someone reporting what I said which was, " can I get head...: I mean what the freak what's wrong about and as fare as I can tell it won't let me appeal it at least I can't find it. I did nothing wrong xbox come on. Someone explain please?...
  6. How do I get unbanned I got permanently banned for someone spam reporting me and they...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get unbanned I got permanently banned for someone spam reporting me and they...: I got permanently banned for something I didn’t do this just isn’t fair and I deserve justice I had 4 cases on this account and nothing all denied I don’t have 1 clue why I got banned for 2 weeks...
  7. How do I report someone that knows how to get around the report feature?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I report someone that knows how to get around the report feature?: He told me to ****, which goes against the community standards. However, I cannot report him because he sent "Just KYS" as separate messages, therefore when I try to report one message, I'm...
  8. Need help with reporting someone

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with reporting someone: Anyone know where I can report this as Xbox report system isn’t doing anything. He called me 2 slurs (with the xx before) and threatened to get my account banned. I think I have linked the...
  9. How come I can’t show photographic proof of someone harassing me on Xbox so I can report them

in XBoX Accessibility
    How come I can’t show photographic proof of someone harassing me on Xbox so I can report them: I got suspended for exposing a guy for being homophobic and being weird to a minor (me). I called him homophobic and now I get suspended? He made many homophobic marks towards the lgbtq+ community...
  10. I Need Help Someone Did a Unfair Xbox Report I Got a Strike

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I Need Help Someone Did a Unfair Xbox Report I Got a Strike: Ok, so what happened is I made a group post and people joined but there was this one kid that was being mean I told him to stop he did not so I got mad I kicked him from the party his friend...