How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

Discus and support How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data') in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; At some point the Xbox app decided to kill itself. Occasionally, I can launch and play games only to quit and have this eternal 'syncing data' launch... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sebastian Sutherland, Nov 25, 2023.

1. How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

At some point the Xbox app decided to kill itself. Occasionally, I can launch and play games only to quit and have this eternal 'syncing data' launch screen the following launch of the game, for every single game.

I thought it might be the Xbox Live Save Service. I can run it and set it to auto but it swaps back to manual and I return to the problem.

I used malware bytes to delete some odd files and my power cut twice while playing - Maybe these are the causes.

I have:

repaired, reset, repaired and reset Xbox, Gaming Services, the Microsoft store

I've ended tasks under details in the task manager

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Xbox and Xbox live.

I have deleted apps that could be interfering (some mentioned on forums)

I have signed out of the store and the xbox app

I have tried the beta repair tool - It let me finish a single battle in Wartales and save (nothing saved before or after this)

I have tried the PowerShell commands

Syncing clocks

I am losing my mind. Please help.

:)

Sebastian Sutherland, Nov 25, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')