How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

Discus and support How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I got this new laptop and set it up. Part of the setup told me I could get 3 months free of gamepass ultimate, so I was like sweet. I thought it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James Hollingsworth1, Dec 8, 2023.

1. How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

So I got this new laptop and set it up.

Part of the setup told me I could get 3 months free of gamepass ultimate, so I was like sweet.

I thought it was having me login into my existing account, but instead it made a second xbox account under my outlook that I already use for another account.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this and I'm scared that I might lose all my games I bought on the account I can't access (other than it still being logged on, on my xbox)

Any ideas as to what I need to do or who I need to get in touch with to fix this?

:)

James Hollingsworth1, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Chris r lee Win User

How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that already has an account attatched?

Why is it I get banned but someone that tells me to k*** my Self he doesn't doesn't it just don't make sense
  3. Chris r lee Win User

How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that already has an account attatched?

I am very sorry for what I did and I won't do it again
  4. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello James H, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

To resolve this issue, you can follow these steps:

Verify Linked Accounts: Make sure you have verified all accounts linked to your email address. This can be done by logging into the Xbox website or on the console.

Change Associated Email Address: If the new accidental account is linked to a different email address, try changing it. Go to the account settings on the Xbox website and look for the option to change the email address.

Contact Technical Support: If you can't resolve the issue on your own, get in touch with Xbox technical support. You can do this through the Xbox website or by finding contact information online. Describe your situation in detail and provide all necessary information.

Don't Unlink Accounts Without Guidance: Avoid unlinking accounts on your own, as this could result in data loss. Wait for guidance from technical support before making significant changes.

Game Backup: If you're concerned about losing your games, ensure you have backups. You can do this by saving games to an external hard drive or using the cloud backup feature if available.

Remember, it's crucial to follow specific technical support instructions for your situation, as they may vary depending on individual circumstances.

Here is the Xbox technical support contact information for you to reach out to them. Remember to be assertive about your situation and courteous throughout. You can also try reaching out to them through their social media channels, where they tend to be very active.

Xbox Technical Support: https://support.xbox.com/

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

How to change XBOX account WITHOUT DELETEING the old email.

Each Xbox profile can only be attached to One Microsoft (MS) account ever.

You can have multiple aliases attached to One MS account.

By what it is sounding like you attached your original Xbox profile to one of your parents email addresses and are now wanting to attach that Xbox profile to your Email address.

I am assuming the original email address that your parents have is still in use and that is quite impressive to have the same email address for 20 years like that. If I had the same email address for 20 years I do not think I would want to get rid of it
    either.
  6. Wilfred Mac Win User

Xbox account really weird ****

Hi,

If you want to reset your account or get rid of the gamertag currently attached to your Microsoft Account, all you have to do is to move the gamertag to a different Microsoft account or email. To do this, you may check out the link below and carefully follow
    the steps on how to move a gamertag to a different email address or Microsoft Account.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.
Thema:

How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

1. How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that... - Similar Threads - rid combine accidental

2. How to Reset an Xbox One S without getting rid of games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Reset an Xbox One S without getting rid of games: I tried to open the troubleshooting menu, but it is just stuck on the “Preparing Console” screen and it has been for 10 minutes, how can I speed it up so I can reset my Xbox?...
  3. On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.

in XBoX on Windows
    On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.: I am totally confused. On only 1 document, caps lock seems to be on when it isn't. It's the ONLY document this is happening with. How can I stop it? 22cb30e6-4e8f-4b7e-8354-0656194f0f22
  4. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  5. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  6. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  7. How can I get rid of every xbox product I own?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get rid of every xbox product I own?: I hate your company so much. Xbox is aweful. It’s freezes, lags and my seafarer external hard drive( which says on their site that it can hold x/S games makes me download them right to my internal...
  8. How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...: I got an enforcement after someone figured out my info and i changed it and got an enforcement how do i get rid of it. *** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Account management...
  9. any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?: i have changed my gamertag the old one still in use and it shows on both my profile and in game's it's also have set automatically as a classic gamertag the new one only shows on profile...
  10. Why am I getting a hazard logo on my game? And how do I get rid of it? (The game isn’t working)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting a hazard logo on my game? And how do I get rid of it? (The game isn’t working): In the bottom right corner of my game, when sitting on the home screen there is a hazard logo in the bottom right corner. When I load up the game, the game does not work. I’m not sure how to fix...