How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.”

Discus and support How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.” in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have been playing realms on Bedrock for some time and today I decided to download the Xbox version of Minecraft. When I go to view my realm I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SquareSheep, Dec 17, 2020.

1. SquareSheep
    SquareSheep Guest

How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.”

So I have been playing realms on Bedrock for some time and today I decided to download the Xbox version of Minecraft. When I go to view my realm I receive a message that says "you cannot play realms because of how your account is set up". There’s also
    a link to children’s account settings. To clarify, I am an adult and do not have any children’s accounts. No matter what I do I cannot get past this message.

I have tried the following, none of which were successful:

- Altering the privacy setting to be as open as possible on the Xbox. (E.g. adult defaults, but I’ve also done a custom and opened them all up)
    - Altering the privacy setting to be as open as possible on the web version of Xbox live.

(Notably with these two, the settings were already as open as possible, but I resubmitted them anyway.)

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft on the Xbox.
    - COMPLETELY removed my profile from my Xbox. Yes, I removed it and readded it. (It is the only profile on the Xbox)
    - Cleared the cache by holding down the power button for ten seconds, waiting 30 seconds and turning it back on.
    - Ask a gamer on MS support; they have no clue.
    - Messaged Mojang support; they are blaming Microsoft.

Strangely, it will let me edit my character, buy minecoins/skins etc but not join my own realm.

I am considering asking for a refund from MS but I’m guessing that won’t go down well and be I’ll laughed out of the room.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

:)

SquareSheep, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Jonahthed0g Win User

Minecraft on xbox one can't play realms no matter what I do

My microsoft account is not a child account but it still has the same "error message" when I sign in with a child account. (I'm saying error message as in "you cannot play realms because of how your microsoft account
    is set up")
  3. Will Harrod Win User

I cant join minecraft realms and changing my privacy settings wont work please help

It is more of a message than error but it says "You cannot play on realms because of how your microsoft account is set up. Please ensure your online saftey settings allow multiplayer and clubs. See instructions for changing these settings as aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp."
  4. kikivermonden Win User

Allowing multiplayer and joining clubs for Minecraft on PS4

A friend has created a Realm and sent an invite. When we try to join the message says “you cannot play on Realms because of how your Msoft Acc is set up. Please ensure that your online safety settings allow multiplayer and clubs. I can’t work out how to do this. Any help appreciated. Thanks
  5. ДастанНурл Win User

Allowing multiplayer and joining clubs for Minecraft on PS4

A friend has created a Realm and sent an invite. When we try to join the message says “you cannot play on Realms because of how your Msoft Acc is set up. Please ensure that your online safety settings allow multiplayer and clubs. I can’t work out how to do this. Any help appreciated. Thanks
  6. Matthias.be Win User

How do I change how my Microsoft account is set up to play Minecraft Realms on Nintendo Switch

So me and a few of my friends are thinking about starting a Realms world together and i try to play on Realms and it says You Need Permission You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can changed in your privacy
    and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings. The aka.ms thing didn’t work for me and it brought me to xbox360 online settings. So I need to figure out what I have to change and how I do it. So if anyone can help please do so.
Thema:

1. How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.” - Similar Threads - past message cannot

2. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  3. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days: it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to Also it...
  4. How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?: How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x? 17b577b5-09a1-4bb2-a43c-410e7f771907
  5. How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get Past The Halo Infinite "Getting profile from platform" screen?: When a new update is rolled out for Halo Infinite it sometimes causes a networking error that prevents me from accessing the online feature of the game. It doesn't progress past the "Getting...
  6. Is there a way to see the status of past redeemed points?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to see the status of past redeemed points?: I redeemed 2000 overwatch coins and was told to wait 24 hours. I still have not received the coins yet my points were subtracted. Is there a way to see the status of past redeemed points?...
  7. The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...

in XBoX on Windows
    The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...: Card info you have entered doesn’t match the info for this card yet it’s my main bankcard I’ve used for 3 years c268797e-eace-4bf7-952a-0704e2d24e5b
  8. Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months...: Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months but I still have my 12 month warranty I wanted to know if it was possible to do a return....
  9. How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?: Hey, only just gone on to use the new Ai video editor and was really intrigued to find out how well it would do a video I needed doing. I put in one of my videos I needed editing and was all fine...
  10. How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off: All my messages have sent before 2020 have disappeared (always seems to be 3 years prior). Is there any way for me to get these messages back? Seeing as Xbox was the one who got rid of them not...