How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

Discus and support How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PunkRocker1017, Mar 12, 2024.

1. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive and wouldn't bring up my game bar, and I noticed the home button was a different color than what it usually has, which I thought was odd. I thought it was a PC problem, so I restarted my PC. After the restart, The home button continued with the color change, but was now unresponsive to any button presses. The only inputs that worked were the analog sticks, the home button and the triggers. After restarting the controller, is basically where I'm at now, It will either not turn on at all, or if it does happen to turn on, the home button does not even light up, and the same inputs mentioned before are the only things that seem to function. The only light that turns on is the light for your configured profiles, but it doesn't change when the button is pressed. What is going on?

Things I have tried already:

- Restarting the controller

- power cycling the controller by removing the battery

- connecting it to my Xbox and power cycling the console (I did this with my PC too)

- Updating the firmware (It was up to date already)

- Reverting to an old firmware (and then updating to the current one when that didn't work

- Holding the sync button to try and re-sync (does not register the button being pushed)

I've tried different methods of connecting my controller, but connecting isn't really the issue. It connects but it just doesn't work. Seemingly out of nowhere. Could really use some help here

:)

PunkRocker1017, Mar 12, 2024
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  3. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

There was a new update released, can you try updating your Elite Series 2 controller again?

I also have the Elite Series 2 controller and I do not run into these issues when using it with the PC.
  5. PunkRocker1017 Win User

Hi Rodrigo, thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately my controller is no longer under warranty. I did notice there was an option to replace it for significantly cheaper, which is nice, but I'd like to see if there's something I can do to fix it before spending more money on an already expensive controller.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi PunkRocker1017, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

If your controller is still under warranty, you can submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2 - Similar Threads - controller again Elite

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  8. Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again: This is the second gen 2 elite controller after having my first one have the exact same issue and needing to have it replaced. My right bumper has started to be more and more unresponsive, this...
  9. ELITE CONTROLLER 2 BUMPERS NOT WORKING.....AGAIN......

in XBoX on Consoles
    ELITE CONTROLLER 2 BUMPERS NOT WORKING.....AGAIN......: I have an Elite Controller v2, and I really like it. But I'm worried that it has a serious manufacturing defect. The right and left bumpers stopped working after about a year, and I've read online...
  10. My control stopped working in the middle of the match and now don´t want to get on again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My control stopped working in the middle of the match and now don´t want to get on again.: My control stopped working in the middle of the match and now don´t want to work anymore. I've already done the battery test and it's working and fully charged on another control, but not on that...