How do I get MineCraft to download?

Discus and support How do I get MineCraft to download? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased MineCraft. Won't download. Launcher in app library spins. Says Pending for over 18 hour. Gaming Services app is "Ready to download". Clicking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brian Rice2, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Brian Rice2
    Brian Rice2 Guest

Purchased MineCraft. Won't download. Launcher in app library spins. Says Pending for over 18 hour. Gaming Services app is "Ready to download". Clicking does nothing. Same with rebooting. "Cancel download" does nothing. Using Windows 11.

:)

Brian Rice2, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

I'm sorry to hear that the problem persists, let's try the following to make sure the problem is not in the xbox and store apps:

1. Perform a hard reset of both your Xbox app and the Microsoft Store. To do this, you must type in the Windows search engine and open the following: Applications and features.

2. Find the "Xbox" application and select it, then click on Advanced Options and click on "Reset" and confirm the process, do the same for the "Microsoft Store" application.

3. Restart your PC by finishing the above.

4. Check if it already allows you to use the subscription.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6d209878-7b07-4763-a435-856472cf9a56

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Brian Rice2 Win User

“Restart your computer. This may fix temporary problems with the operating system.” - Rebooted twice. Didn’t help.

“Check your Internet connection. Make sure your Internet connection is working properly and that you have enough bandwidth to download Minecraft.” - Speedtest rated my download speed as 102.90 Mbps. Is that sufficient?

“Close all other programs that are running. This will free up system resources so Minecraft can download properly.” - The only active apps in Task Manager are the Microsoft Store and the Task Manager itself.

“Try downloading Minecraft from another device, such as a laptop or phone. If you can download Minecraft from another device, then the problem is probably with your computer.” - I don’t have another device to try.

“Check if you have the latest version of the Store app. To check for software updates, open the Store app and click "Library." Next, click the three-dot button next to Minecraft and select "Properties." Under the "Updates" tab, click "Check for updates."” - I just purchased it from the App Store. Surely they sold latest version? Regardless, I am in the Library. When I hover over the 3 dots, the only option is “X Cancel download”. I can click on that all day long and it does nothing. But to clarify, you say “Next to Minecraft”. I only have Minecraft Launcher spinning so far, not actual Minecraft.

“Check if the Gaming Services app is installed and updated. To check if the Gaming Services app is installed, open File Explorer and navigate to the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder. If you see a folder named "Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe", then the app is installed. To check if the app is up to date, open the Store app and click "Library." Next, click the three-dot button next to Gaming Services and select "Properties." Under the "Updates" tab, click "Check for updates."” - Gaming Services is not installed. It seems to be held up by the same problem preventing Minecraft Launcher. It says Ready to Download, and there is an icon of a cloud with a down arrow. When I click it, nothing happens. The only option behind the 3 dots out to the side of Gaming Services is “X Cancel download”. Clicking does nothing.

“Try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft. This may fix temporary issues with the game. To uninstall Minecraft, open the Settings app and click "Applications." Then, click "Minecraft" and select "Uninstall." To reinstall Minecraft, open the Store app and search for "Minecraft." Then, click "Get."” - Minecraft is not listed among the installed Apps under settings, so it can’t be uninstalled.

I need something else to try. Something that will cancel all active downloading perhaps. It will need to be more sophisticated than choosing Cancel download from the three dots or rebooting. Thank you.
  4. Brian Rice2 Win User

Thank you Oskayra,

That sounded right as soon as I read it. On my way to finding the Reset button, I found a Repair button, which I decided to try first. That did the trick. Much appreciation for your help!

Regard,

B
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Brian R, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

There are several things you can try to download Minecraft on Windows 11:

Restart your computer. This may fix temporary problems with the operating system.

Check your Internet connection. Make sure your Internet connection is working properly and that you have enough bandwidth to download Minecraft.

Close all other programs that are running. This will free up system resources so Minecraft can download properly.

Try downloading Minecraft from another device, such as a laptop or phone. If you can download Minecraft from another device, then the problem is probably with your computer.

If you have tried all of these steps and the problem persists, then you can try the following steps specific to Minecraft:

Check if you have the latest version of the Store app. To check for software updates, open the Store app and click "Library." Next, click the three-dot button next to Minecraft and select "Properties." Under the "Updates" tab, click "Check for updates."

Check if the Gaming Services app is installed and updated. To check if the Gaming Services app is installed, open File Explorer and navigate to the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder. If you see a folder named "Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe", then the app is installed. To check if the app is up to date, open the Store app and click "Library." Next, click the three-dot button next to Gaming Services and select "Properties." Under the "Updates" tab, click "Check for updates."

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft. This may fix temporary issues with the game. To uninstall Minecraft, open the Settings app and click "Applications." Then, click "Minecraft" and select "Uninstall." To reinstall Minecraft, open the Store app and search for "Minecraft." Then, click "Get."

I hope this works for you.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Is there a get around with Microsoft Gaming Services? and If so how do I do it

I've been getting a pop-up when opening Minecraft which prompts me to download Microsoft Gaming Services which I will absolutely not download so anyway is there a get around with Microsoft Gaming Services? and if so how do I do it
    Why wont you download the necessary update to play Minecraft?

Also, looking down the list of comments, you have two choices, install Microsoft Gaming Services and play Minecraft, or don't install it and don't play Minecraft.....................your choice.
Thema:

1. How do I get MineCraft to download? - Similar Threads - MineCraft download

2. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  3. Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs: I was trying to join my friends world and he has a couple behoavior pakcs but when I try to download them to join the world It just gets stuck at around 20Mb and doesnt move even after ive waited...
  4. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  5. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  8. Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...: Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin" in game? I've tried every skin I can, and all of them aren't considered skins....
  9. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...
  10. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...