How do I get help to stop DDOS attacks against my xbox and account

Discus and support How do I get help to stop DDOS attacks against my xbox and account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My console is being targeted by Rainbow six siege players who are continously monitoring my xbox ip address and as soon as they see that I'm playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cuddle Mushroom, Sep 13, 2023.

1. How do I get help to stop DDOS attacks against my xbox and account

My console is being targeted by Rainbow six siege players who are continously monitoring my xbox ip address and as soon as they see that I'm playing Siege they send packets to my address and kick me off siege through what is known as a Denial of Service attack. I really need this case to be elevated to the highest possible person who can see this. I play Siege for a living and am one of the top 1% on xbox and I now cant play siege on my xbox and xbox doesn't offer any possible solutions like being able to change my ip or having a dedicated Microsoft vpn service on the xbox both of which would help with this problem. I have also reached out to Ubisoft.

EDIT Update: I spoke with microsoft support and that was no help. It basically amounted to me explaining to support what a Denial of Service attack is because they don't even understand the words in the case I opened with them. Not exactly great support.

:)

Cuddle Mushroom, Sep 13, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I'm sorry this has happened to you. In regards to your IP address, only your internet service provider can change this. You will need to contact your provider in regards to Denial of service attacks. They can investigate and give your home internet a new IP.

To help keep you safe online, please reading the following guide: DoS and DDoS attacks on Xbox
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Ban method not being looked at and other issues with exploits

4. RandyAU93 Win User

Information on ddos attacks

DDOS attacks are against the modem and are not something either Xbox Live or PlayStation Network can stop.

This page will explain
    how to restore service after an attack. If such an attack occurs, users are advised to contact their Internet Service Provider (ISP), which has the tools and the means to trace the attack and deal with the offending party.
  5. KnowledgeSPower Win User

My buddy was a victim of a DoS attack, I have evidence that heavily insinuates the user was hitting people offline

you will need to tell your local authority as it is a criminal offence to ddos someone.
    Actually, I'd avoid law enforcement at this step- typically Denial of Service attacks are resolved relatively quickly (5-10 minutes with a system refresh) and then we would advocate reaching out to your ISP.

What should I do if I think I've been attacked?

If you think that your Xbox console or computer has experienced a DoS or DDoS attack, do the following:

• Reset your Internet router.
    • Contact your ISP.
    • If you are certain of the identity of the DoS or DDoS attacker:
      • Contact the attacker’s ISP.
      • File a complaint against the player with Xbox Live. Select the "tampering" category on the complaint form.
    • Avoid that individual on Xbox Live in the future.

What can I do to stop the attack?

If you're currently experiencing a DoS or DDoS attack, try resetting your Internet router (that is, your DSL or cable modem), which may resolve the DoS or DDoS attack. A complete reset requires turning off the power for 5 to 10 minutes. This will increase
    the likelihood that you will get a new IP address that the attacker will not have access to.

If you still experience the DoS or DDoS attack, contact your ISP.

How can I find out who attacked me?
  6. dinzey scheelings Win User

I got DDOSed yesterday

ddos attack lol????

do you even know what DDOS is?

first of all if it was a DDOS attack then you should be complaining at your ISP since your service of internet was denied

Microsoft cant do anything about that neither can Xbox support...

go to your ISP file a complaint and make sure they start a investigation

xbox cant do anything against DDOS attack neither do u have any proof of this so called DDOS attack
Thema:

1. How do I get help to stop DDOS attacks against my xbox and account - Similar Threads - help stop DDOS

2. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  3. Help I’m being follow botted and it won’t stop

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Help I’m being follow botted and it won’t stop: I’m being follow noted after a game of r6 and it won’t stop. I put all the child safety locks on but it doesn’t stop people from following me. Will I get banned? 4f5ef47c-5f6f-4405-9336-27e1107670b6
  4. Hi looking for help, my battle pass tokens stopped accumulating and I can't get them...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi looking for help, my battle pass tokens stopped accumulating and I can't get them...: Tried all basic troubleshooting like restarting, signing out and back in. They were working but just no longer count up, the gold bar gold up around the outside but when it completes no token...
  5. Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?: I’ve been trying to play Starfield for over 3 hours. I have Game pass ultimate and wanted to play Starfield on my new pc but I cannot get passed the syncing data screen. I’ve looked around and...
  6. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11: I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios,...
  7. Help with installation stopped error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with installation stopped error: I tried reinstalling gta 5 but it keeps getting stuck on 52.4% and then saying installation stopped. I tried some of the steps i found online about clearing local saved game data and i even reset...
  8. Wifi stopped suddenly on xbox series X. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi stopped suddenly on xbox series X. HELP!: Was playing GTA V n suddenly my wifi cuts out in the middle of the game. After trying to reconnect n talking to my net provider who did net tests I still have no wifi connection. Tried resetting...
  9. Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting: I just connected my new controller to my laptop and once I started playing I discovered that the A button defaults to opening the xbox thing and the B button automatically screen shots. WHOS...
  10. is there a way to stop bot accounts from adding me ? help i don’t wanna get banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is there a way to stop bot accounts from adding me ? help i don’t wanna get banned: is there anyway to private your profile? i’m getting added by a bunch of bot accounts and i’m at about 50k and i’m scared i’m gonna get banned or something is there anyway to removed them without...