How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

Discus and support How do I get audio to play through my wired headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Izaiah J, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Izaiah J
    Izaiah J Guest

I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear the party but that's it. I've tried powering the Xbox off as well as only the controller, I've tried unplugging and plugging in the headset, checking audio settings, and even tried contacting support and nothing helped. Also, the chat mixer is greyed out and over to the the right. (If that helps at all). I don't know what to do. I would like to be able to hear audio through it. Please help!!

:)

Izaiah J, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Izaiah,my name is Vanessa, I will be happy to help you.

I understand that you are having trouble playing audio through your wired headphones on your Xbox console.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Make sure your wired headphones are properly connected to the 3.5mm audio port on the controller. Make sure the connector is securely inserted into the port.

Make sure your wired headphones are turned on and in playback mode. If your headphones have a power switch, make sure it is turned on.

Make sure your Xbox console is set to use your wired headset as the default audio device.

To do so, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.

Select the Settings icon.

Select General.

Select Devices and accessories.

Select Input and Output Devices.

Select Audio Headphones.

Make sure "Default audio device" is selected.

Make sure your Xbox console's audio settings are set correctly. To do so, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select the Settings icon.

Select General.

Select Devices and accessories.

Select Input and Output Devices.

Select Audio Headphones.

Make sure the "Audio Output" option is set to "Headphone Audio."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/set-up-and-use-chat-headset

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Vanessa.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

My xbox series x audio is cutting out

Hey Connor! Have you checked if this problem also happens when playing audio through different devices such as TV speakers or a wired headset?
  4. Upinya Slayin Win User

A couple of headset question...

[quote user="Favious M"]

This isn't about 360 headsets, I'm talking about new X1 compatible headsets. I don't know if anyone will be able to answer my first question but you'll definitely have an opinion on my second. I'm totally naive on this subject so don't give out :p

First, wired or wireless aside, if I connect one of these headsets to my controller can I get the full game audio in the headset without having it coming through my tv? I mean I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that I just chat through.

The other, easier question. Is a gaming headset worth it? I'm currently just getting my sound through either my tv or a set of pc speakers. Is there advantages to a headset, I don't voice chat a whole lot in games so take that into consideration.

Thanks for any advice guys

[/quote]

1) yes , if you buy a gaming one like the turtle beach ones, game audio will com through the headset and not the TV. the regualr wired one that comes with the system will only have voice and no game audio

2) it depends. i never minded using the TV audio. and i play on low volume. but i do know it puts me at a disadvanatge in some games. being able to hear enemy footsteps can be the difference between dying from behind and doing a 180 headshot. If you ever
    wondered sometime show somebody "knew" you were behind them, it was probably becuase they have really good surround sound audio and heard the footsteps
  5. 𝓃𝒶𝒹𝒾𝒶 Win User

How do I get game audio through my headset?

I would like help with this same issue as well! when i plug in my headphones to the controller i hear the static of the headset being on but i can’t hear any audio from the xbox at all!
  6. Sky McCabe Win User

How do I get game audio through my headset?

I'm using a 3.5 MM Jack, but when my friend gave me this controller he did say there was a problem with the mic jack, so that might be why, thanks mate!
Thema:

1. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset? - Similar Threads - audio play through

2. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?: greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi sony...
  3. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  4. How to get party audio through remote play (or any workaround)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to get party audio through remote play (or any workaround): Previously with the Xbox Console Companion and my old-gen Xbox one, I was able to stream to twitch with party audio and a full overlay with streamlabs. Now, with my Xbox series s and the new Xbox...
  5. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  6. Xbox series x controller connected to PC won't play audio through earphones connected to...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller connected to PC won't play audio through earphones connected to...: I've tried three different regular pairs of earphones and it's the same thing. I hear a popping sound when connecting the earphones to the controller. Works with playstation 4 controllers. Not...
  7. Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.: I started using this app to play games on my xbox by streaming it to my laptop, because I typically am in a discord call with other people while I do so. For the first few weeks of using this app,...
  8. How to play game audio through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to play game audio through headset?: I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the...
  9. Can I play game audio through speakers and chat audio through my Xbox One controller’s ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play game audio through speakers and chat audio through my Xbox One controller’s ...: I have Windows 10, plug in my Xbox One controller through USB, and the controller is the updated version with the 3.5mm jack (no Bluetooth) to which I connect the Xbox included headset. I’ve...
  10. Philips HTS3371D: Guide me how I can hear my audio from my Xbox to play through my home theater

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Philips HTS3371D: Guide me how I can hear my audio from my Xbox to play through my home theater: Philips (Audio/Video Receivers) HTS3371D: Guide me how I can hear my audio from my Xbox to play through my home theater Guide me how I can hear my audio from my Xbox to play through my home...