How do I get audio come through my monitor on Xbox Series X?

Discus and support How do I get audio come through my monitor on Xbox Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I bought a new gaming monitor and right off the bat the audio doesn't work through speakers. It works on headphones no problem but the moment I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dmoody3838, Dec 27, 2022.

1. dmoody3838
    dmoody3838 Guest

So, I bought a new gaming monitor and right off the bat the audio doesn't work through speakers. It works on headphones no problem but the moment I unplug them, all the volume disappears. Any ways to fix this?

:)

dmoody3838, Dec 27, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Very likely your monitor doesn't include speakers, without knowing which one it's impossible to know
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Dmoody3838, are you connecting your console through the hdmi cable to your monitor, if the audio has to work because it goes along with the cable, try checking your monitor settings or experiment with another hdmi cable.

If you are sending audio through your controller over a cable with a P3 connection, try checking or changing the cable.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

We could do with knowing what monitor you've got. However, as previously stated, it's likely your monitor doesn't have internal speakers. Most monitors don't have speakers.

To fix this, you'll need to buy a some PC speakers and plug them into the 3.5mm audio jack where headphones go. This will then give you sound for your console.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

I'm in a similar situation...

I use astro a50 gen 2 headset for my audio through optical port, without the optical port on the Series X my £299 astro headset is useless, just had order and spend another £299 for the astro a50 gen 4 to work with the Series X,

I would have rather have paid an extra £5-£10 more for the Series X console for it to have an optical port than having to pay out £299 for a new headset

I use a 4K monitor but it has no speakers, so I'm stuck with no audio at all for the Series X until I get my new headset.
Thema:

1. How do I get audio come through my monitor on Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - audio through monitor

2. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  3. Sending Audio through Xbox Controller 3.5 port.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sending Audio through Xbox Controller 3.5 port.: Hello, I am trying to send audio through my xbox one x controller wirelessly on Windows 11, When I connect it with a wire I can get audio to come through it. When I unplug it I cannot get audio to...
  4. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  5. Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?: No sounds from Discord VC is played on TV speakers. The chat overlay shows that sound is being played, and all sound goes through when a headset is attached, but if no headset is attached it just...
  6. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  7. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  8. How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?: I'm trying to get audio from my Xbox Series X through a set of speakers that are plugged into my monitor, but I can't figure out how. The speakers are Logitech Z200s and my monitor is a AOC Gaming...
  9. No audio through headset when connected to monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through headset when connected to monitor: I’m currently using my monitor to play on my Xbox, via a HDMI to vga cable. I understand my monitor will not give out sound. However, i am still unavailable to get sound when plugging my headset...
  10. Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.

in XBoX on Windows
    Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.: Hi, Can anyone help me understand what I need to do regarding my headset to get in game audio and be able to use the mic too? I get the audio no problem but how do I go about being able to use...