how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?

Discus and support how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've reset console and tried the well published DNS fix for installing games from a disc. I'm going to see if I can transfer from Xbox One, but would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaurianCrowdXXXX, Dec 4, 2023.

1. how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?

I've reset console and tried the well published DNS fix for installing games from a disc. I'm going to see if I can transfer from Xbox One, but would still have the problems for new games.

:)

SaurianCrowdXXXX, Dec 4, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?

Hi SaurianCrowdXXXX. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

What issues are you experiencing with discs exactly? Are you receiving any error messages or error codes? Provide some screenshots of this problem if possible.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Installations being stopped

It is on Xbox, and after I resume the stopped installation, it stops after a few seconds with the same message "installation stopped".
    Yeah, as I said, I had that happen with a disc and no clue how to fix it.

The only thing I can think of is to cancel the installation and try again...I had an issue with installing some DLC on my Series X as it just would not download...ended up cancelling the DLC, uninstalling the game then reinstalling and it worked.

Beyond that, I guess a hard reset may be an option (no clue how to do it though)..not sure though as I am far from a console expert having only recently bought a console after years away
  4. Mike P4 Win User

Trade-in Program?

Yea, I get that, just wished there would be a way, but that's the sad thing with all of the big gaming companies. It just sucks, I have over 25 games on disc for the one and series x, which I wouldn't be able to play if this is how they are going for the next gen after the series x.
  5. thomasstranger Win User

Xbox one X apps won't install

I had been having this problem for 3 days on xbox x. I live in UK and use BT broadband and after changing DNS to 1.1.1.1 and secondary to 8.8.8.8 I can install everything again.
  6. tammy rupp Win User

Cannot install Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X no matter what I do!

We are having this same issue. Ours is a downloadable game not a disc. Worked on Xbox one but not working on the series X. Tried both dns codes and still not working.
Thema:

1. how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844? - Similar Threads - disc installed series

2. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  3. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  4. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  5. Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...: Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X console, you install it, then update it, then put disc back it, it opens the base install with addon again, this seems to be the only Christmas game I got...
  6. Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X, when install it, then update it, then put disc back...: Disc for Atlas Fallen on Xbox Series X console, you install it, then update it, then put disc back it, it opens the base install with addon again, this seems to be the only Christmas game I got...
  7. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  8. Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?: So as the question states, my Xbox is refusing to let me install disc offline, first I tried with call of duty advanced warfare and it wouldn't install, I thought oh disc must be broken. However,...
  9. Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?: This has never been an issue for me until today. I was reinstalling COD MW2 and when I was doing that like a grinding/vibrating noise happened...Like I said never has this been an issue for me. I...
  10. 2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install: Like the title says this is the 2nd brand new copy of Lego 2k Drive that simply doesn't do anything when put into my Xbox series x. I've went through all the generic trouble shooting including...