How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

Discus and support How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by H0MiiCiiDE, Jan 11, 2024.

1. H0MiiCiiDE
    H0MiiCiiDE Guest

Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured, rename, format, set as capture location.

When I click on set as capture location it says

“This device has been formatted for Xbox games. To capture game clips and screenshots externally, storage must be formatted as NTFS. Connect a different storage device or reformat this one on your PC, then reconnect it to your Xbox”

I do not have a PC

:)

H0MiiCiiDE, Jan 11, 2024
  2. H0MiiCiiDE Win User

Is there a solution to this problem? Who could I speak to for something like this
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi H0MiiCiiDE, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry but the Expansion card won't work for that.

I am not sure why it said to connect it to a PC, since it is not possible.

"Will this card work on my Xbox One or PC?

No. The Storage Expansion Card works exclusively with the Xbox Series X|S console for optimized compatibility and gameplay performance. "

For more information: https://www.seagate.com/products/gaming-drives/xbox-gaming/storage-expansion-for-xbox-series-x/faq/
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

My Series X External Storage

Just to confirm, you are talking about the official Seagate Expansion card for the Series X, correct? Is it possible for you to share a screenshot of what you are seeing?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage

They already do. That is the seagate expansion card

you can move the games to the platter drive for storage.
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Seagate expansion card no longer connecting

Hello UrDespondent how are you?
    My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant. From your report and from my experience, I believe that your Seagate card is having serious problems, if possible try to format the Seagate card in another device, which you know in a PC or notebook.
Thema:

1. How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots? - Similar Threads - format Seagate expansion

2. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  3. Why when I plug up my TV, it's says format not supported

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I plug up my TV, it's says format not supported: I connected my Xbox series X to my older TV and it says format not supported so we tried everything and it won't connect so please help us. 73af6515-b86a-4d02-84e3-bb5374f1a062
  4. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  7. I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.: I have a usb 3.0 that holds most of my xbox games and apps, and recently it stopped reading it. I don't know if it's the USB port's fault or the drive's. the port works if I use a wired...
  8. How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?: I recently purchased the Crucial X6 4TB external storage SSD as I am running out of internal storage. I have an external HDD, but it seems fewer and fewer games are able to be stored on that...
  9. Invalid format message

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invalid format message: My son has changed the resolution yesterday (don't ask me why!) and now see just a black screen and message Invalid format when turning on the xbox. Any idea how we fix this? Cant go to settings...
  10. I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong: Anybody know how to correctly format your postal code ‍ 6ad2a75a-d592-4ff4-902f-71c63bc71f4b