How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?

Discus and support How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my hard drive broke so i bought a new one what will i have to do to make it work without ban d381c411-13c8-4c13-bf10-3a2ad7775234 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeremy Sandstrom, Oct 16, 2023.

1. How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?

my hard drive broke so i bought a new one what will i have to do to make it work without ban

:)

Jeremy Sandstrom, Oct 16, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

You dont

Internal drives can't be replaced by users on xbox one or higher

Doing so will lead to console bans you can take it to BestBuy for repairs

Only external drives can be replaced by users

Xbox hdds are setup by factory and keyed to the motherboard
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive formatting

It’s an intentional feature, Xbox hard drive’s have custom formatting that is not compatible with standard computer dries. You must use an official Xbox drive that is pre-formatted for the Xbox 360, Xbox one internal drives or not user replaceable
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Game Not Fully Uninstalling

I thought it was installed on the Xbox internal storage. Yes, you can just format the external hard drive. Do you know how to do it, my friend?
  5. jedi master1974 Win User

hard drive problems

hello

just formatted my hard drive and its still saying unformatted i think my hard drive is broken and needs replacing

if i buy a new hard drive or Xbox do i need a data transfer cable to transfer from hard drive to hard drive?

but at the moment there is nothing on my Xbox hard drive to transfer
  6. ArminatorX Win User

All my games are gone and don’t want to reinstall

Can you (just for testing purposes) unplug the Seagate hard drive and try to install one game on your internal hard drive?

If that works, try if it's possible to format the Seagate Harddrive on a PC, and do NOT use Quick format. With Quick Format, only the "table of contents" of a hard drive get overwritten, but by doing a "regular" format, each part of the drive will be formatted,
    and you can check if parts of the drive platter became defective.

If the Format was successful, try to connect the drive to your console again, and have the console format it again for game storage.

If the drive shows signs of corruption or is unable to be formatted on PC, check on the Seagate website, if the drive is within warranty and can be replaced/repaired.
Thema:

1. How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement? - Similar Threads - format internal hard

2. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  3. Why when I plug up my TV, it's says format not supported

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I plug up my TV, it's says format not supported: I connected my Xbox series X to my older TV and it says format not supported so we tried everything and it won't connect so please help us. 73af6515-b86a-4d02-84e3-bb5374f1a062
  4. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  7. I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.: I have a usb 3.0 that holds most of my xbox games and apps, and recently it stopped reading it. I don't know if it's the USB port's fault or the drive's. the port works if I use a wired...
  8. How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?: I recently purchased the Crucial X6 4TB external storage SSD as I am running out of internal storage. I have an external HDD, but it seems fewer and fewer games are able to be stored on that...
  9. How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?: Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured, rename, format, set as capture location....
  10. Invalid format message

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invalid format message: My son has changed the resolution yesterday (don't ask me why!) and now see just a black screen and message Invalid format when turning on the xbox. Any idea how we fix this? Cant go to settings...