How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

Discus and support How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bomba1347, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Bomba1347
    Bomba1347 Guest

How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up"

Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family and privacy settings but nothing works even on different accounts is says the same thing. I've been trying for hours and nothing works please help

:)

Bomba1347, Dec 17, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Bomba1347! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Is this just certain games or all games?
  3. Sophia Kotopka Win User

Xbox live gold problem.

It says this when I try to play online, “you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up”
  4. MorrisBoren Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition can't play multiplayer!

It didnt help, the message that comes up is "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up"
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up

I see this might be a mobile device? I just tested on my Android and my instructions still stand there, but I'm not certain if it's different on an iOS device? Just let me know!
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up

This link will take you to your Xbox account's Settings page. Make sure you're signed in with the Microsoft Account that you're trying to play
    Minecraft with, and the tab on the left you're looking for is "Privacy & Online Safety". On that page, there are three tabs:

Under Privacy you'll need "You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice and text".

Under Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety you'll need to allow "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live", "You can create and join clubs", and "You can join multiplayer games".

Check that those are set correctly. If not, set and test, then let us know.

If you can't get to that page, or you're having issues or questions, let me know. I just walked through doing it on my computer and it should be up to date.

I hope this helps get you up and running!
Thema:

1. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up" - Similar Threads - fix cannot play

2. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  3. How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...: Recently my friend gave me their Xbox One S, because they said the console stopped working and the display didn't output anything. They thought I might be able to fix it so they offered it to me...
  4. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  5. How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...: It started as my Microsoft store on my Xbox wouldn’t work so I did a few things to try and fix it and finally I reset it and then I couldn’t put account back on my Xbox it would just get stuck...
  6. I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR: I downloaded the city skylines. I launched and it said that it needs update. The update was 1,3GB and when the 1,3GB has downloaded, it gave me the 0x80070005 error. What should i do to fix it? I...
  7. I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?: I’m trying to log into Fortnite on my pc and after I put it my sign in I keep getting a message asking “put in the email you used to create the account”. I’ve tried every email possible and it...
  8. How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error: Hello. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything I can do to go ahead and fix this but I still can't. I've been trying to play Minecraft multiplayer for around 2 month's. I've tried...
  9. Hi I cannot play NBA 2k20 because I do not meet the requirements how do I fix this setting...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I cannot play NBA 2k20 because I do not meet the requirements how do I fix this setting...: Im trynna play 2k20 and it said I dont meet the requirments to play plz tell me the settings 3926d84b-f0d2-4494-8006-fd077023fa9d
  10. Cannot play any Xbox Original games. Previous fix suggestions haven't worked.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play any Xbox Original games. Previous fix suggestions haven't worked.: I read through the stickied post regarding playing original Xbox titles, and tried every suggestion that I could. I have cleared the system cache, reinstalled the system update, etc. I have also...