How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error

Discus and support How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything I can do to go ahead and fix this but I still can't. I've been trying to play Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Especially Autistic, Sep 22, 2023.

1. How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error

Hello. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything I can do to go ahead and fix this but I still can't. I've been trying to play Minecraft multiplayer for around 2 month's. I've tried everything it's said to do but nothings worked. I keep on getting hit with a message that says "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up. See instruction's for reviewing and changing your privacy settings at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp.". What do I do I've tried different account's and it didn't work to the only thing that work's is playing on a different console/mobile but I don't have a subscription on the console and I can't play on my phone because it's currently broken. Please help me with this issue.

:)

Especially Autistic, Sep 22, 2023
  2. Jonahthed0g Win User

Minecraft on xbox one can't play realms no matter what I do

My microsoft account is not a child account but it still has the same "error message" when I sign in with a child account. (I'm saying error message as in "you cannot play realms because of how your microsoft account
    is set up")
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

On behalf of my colleague, I will assist you with your concern.

We notice that you had an error about the parental consent on playing multiplayer games, and you have mentioned that your account privacy settings are already set for you to play on all other devices except this device you are currently trying to use.

To fully understand your concern, we would like to know further details about it:

1. Can we clarify if it is you who change the account settings? Or was it the organizer of the Microsoft Family?
    2. We notice this was added to Xbox on Windows, is the device you are using owned by your brother?
    3. Are you playing on a Minecraft Launcher installed from Microsoft Store/Xbox app or Minecraft Official Site?
    4. What Minecraft edition are you trying to play (Education, Java, Bedrock)?
    5. Is this the only game you cannot do multiplayer mode with? We recall you have mention about subscription is on this device.

As the error shows, it could mean that you are using a child account and that you should not have any access to your account's privacy settings. However, if you are a full-grown adult, then, you should not be getting this error message. What we recommend you is to sign out and sign back into your account on Minecraft Launcher.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Especially Autistic Win User

Hello. As I said I've done all the stuff you mention. I'm not sure if I'm shadow banned or something. Maybe I'm IP banned because my brother I don't know anymore I've reinstalled the game I've did everything with the age and privacy. What do I do.
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Especially Autistic,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We truly understand that you're experiencing this issue with Minecraft multiplayer. The error message you're seeing usually means that there are some privacy settings on your account that are preventing you from accessing Minecraft Realms. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

1. Go to aka.ms/accountsettings and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2. Click on "Privacy" and then "Xbox privacy".

3. Make sure that "Join multiplayer games" and "You can create and join clubs" are both set to "Allow".

4. Save your changes and try launching Minecraft again.

[​IMG]

If the steps doesn't work, try the following

1. Go to aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp and follow the instructions to review and change your privacy settings.

2. Make sure that your Xbox Live account is in good standing and that you don't have any enforcement actions against your account.

3. If you're still having issues, you can try contacting Xbox Support for further assistance.

If the issue persists, try to reinstall the game on your device.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. How do I fix the "you cannot play on realms because of how your account is set up" error - Similar Threads - fix cannot play

2. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  3. How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...: Recently my friend gave me their Xbox One S, because they said the console stopped working and the display didn't output anything. They thought I might be able to fix it so they offered it to me...
  4. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  5. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  6. How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...: It started as my Microsoft store on my Xbox wouldn’t work so I did a few things to try and fix it and finally I reset it and then I couldn’t put account back on my Xbox it would just get stuck...
  7. I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR: I downloaded the city skylines. I launched and it said that it needs update. The update was 1,3GB and when the 1,3GB has downloaded, it gave me the 0x80070005 error. What should i do to fix it? I...
  8. I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?: I’m trying to log into Fortnite on my pc and after I put it my sign in I keep getting a message asking “put in the email you used to create the account”. I’ve tried every email possible and it...
  9. Hi I cannot play NBA 2k20 because I do not meet the requirements how do I fix this setting...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I cannot play NBA 2k20 because I do not meet the requirements how do I fix this setting...: Im trynna play 2k20 and it said I dont meet the requirments to play plz tell me the settings 3926d84b-f0d2-4494-8006-fd077023fa9d
  10. Cannot play any Xbox Original games. Previous fix suggestions haven't worked.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play any Xbox Original games. Previous fix suggestions haven't worked.: I read through the stickied post regarding playing original Xbox titles, and tried every suggestion that I could. I have cleared the system cache, reinstalled the system update, etc. I have also...