How do I fix the Xbox app on PC not letting me unmute my mic?

Discus and support How do I fix the Xbox app on PC not letting me unmute my mic? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So this has been driving me crazy for the last couple hours. When I use the Xbox app on Windows 11 I cannot unmute my mic but it works with everything... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by caveman122, Sep 1, 2023.

1. caveman122
    caveman122 Guest

So this has been driving me crazy for the last couple hours. When I use the Xbox app on Windows 11 I cannot unmute my mic but it works with everything else including the game bar. I recently just got a new PC so everything is a fresh install and up to date, plus I never had the problem on my old PC which was Windows 10. I have tried everything it seems from taking away and giving permissions to uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I tried contacting the support but after a few minutes they just stopped responding so I'm hoping someone here can help. Thanks in advance.

:)

caveman122, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello caveman122,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. caveman122 Win User

The troubleshooting steps I have taken are resetting the Xbox app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, checking permissions and made sure the app is up to date. The mic works fine in the game bar except for the party overlay, I can click the mute/unmute button but it has no effect. My headset is a Corsair Void Elite and is connected via the Corsair wireless USB dongle. I have tested my mic works multiple times through windows and the Xbox app itself, and I have no problems with any other app just the Xbox app party chat.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello caveman122,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Can you check your online safety and privacy settings if the settings "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites is set to everyone? To check, follow the steps below:

• Log in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and sign in your Microsoft account.
    • Click Privacy
    • Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    • Select Friends or Everyone then click submit.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. WoeRamos ✔️ Win User

I have also been having this issue and all the steps you listed did not work. i have tried every possible solution. check it mic was accessible, which it was. checked for updates to the xbox services such as game bar and the xbox app. tried uppdating microphone but cannot do that, doesnt have such software to update. tried unmuting from xbox game bar. done everything. this started happening out of no where for no reason.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello caveman122,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue on how to unmute your microphone while using Xbox app in Windows 11. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to help resolve the issue?

2. Are you in party chat and is trying to unmute yourself?

3. How is your headset connected to your device?

4. Have you tried using the microphone in other apps and able to use it?

5. Have you test your microphone if it is working fine?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Check your party audio settings in Xbox Game Bar:

• Press the Windows logo key + G to open Xbox Game Bar. If you’re in a party, this widget will pop up over your game, app, or desktop. In the Party widget, select the microphone icon to mute and unmute yourself.
    2. Check your audio device selection:

• Make sure your audio input is assigned to the audio device you want to use for party chat. In the Party widget, select the Party options button and then choose Party audio. Under Audio input, choose your audio device from the selection dropdown
    3. Check your privacy settings:

• Make sure Windows has permission to use your microphone by going to your privacy settings. Select Start > Settings > Privacy & security > Microphone and make sure Microphone access is turned on.
    For your reference, see: Fix microphone problems - Microsoft Support

4. Check for Windows update: Make sure that your Windows 11 operating system and Xbox app are up to date with the latest update.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    Make sure Xbox app is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. How do I fix the Xbox app on PC not letting me unmute my mic? - Similar Threads - fix app letting

2. how do i fix the No Applicable App Licenses Found Error?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i fix the No Applicable App Licenses Found Error?: i try to open Minecraft java and i get this error but i can open the windows version just fine I'm confused please help. 9a4b8288-7917-4c36-a90a-e26826059559
  3. How do you fix the console not showing in the PC app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix the console not showing in the PC app?: How do you fix the console not showing in the PC app? Worked last week, now not showing nay option to connect to the console e5be635d-55fe-4725-b98c-68c042a988de
  4. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  5. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  6. My Xbox App won't load. What do I do to fix it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox App won't load. What do I do to fix it??: So I tried resetting the data, uninstalling, that powershell stuff, everything I saw around the internet, but nothing works. My Xbox app just opens on the black screen with non-pulsating Xbox...
  7. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  8. xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?: Every time i try to sign in on the xbox app the login window attempts to pull up but fails and just shoots me back to the dashboard no matter how i try to sign in. I have deleted and redownloaded...
  9. App not letting me add friend, how do you fix

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    App not letting me add friend, how do you fix: Saying try again later and after 3 weeks still not working. f4caecd2-1a29-48ea-868a-c786e4582f95
  10. The xbox phone app won't let me download my captures, and it won't let me fix it.

in XBoX on Windows
    The xbox phone app won't let me download my captures, and it won't let me fix it.: Whenever I try to tap the download button, it only appears as grayed out and says my privacy settings don't allowed for me to share my captures, but whenever I try to change my privacy settings,...