How do I fix the social widget in Xbox game bar for pc?

Discus and support How do I fix the social widget in Xbox game bar for pc? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Every widget works fine except Xbox social. It doesn’t load my friends list and won’t let me join party chats. There is an option to reload the widget... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by jonny thundergun, Aug 3, 2023.

1. How do I fix the social widget in Xbox game bar for pc?

Every widget works fine except Xbox social. It doesn’t load my friends list and won’t let me join party chats. There is an option to reload the widget but the result is the same. I’ve tried resetting, restarting, checked for updates, turned my pc off and on again after each attempt to fix the issue, and check my settings within game bar and firewall settings. Nothing seems to fix the issue. I haven’t uninstalled the app as the option is locked. I believe the problem started after the windows 11 update.

:)

jonny thundergun, Aug 3, 2023
  2. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi Jonny,

I'm Anirban and I'll be happy to help you.

Try these steps and see how it goes:

1. Press Windows + S key and type CMD and click on Run as Administrator.
    Copy and paste this command, then press enter:

"PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*). InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Restart PC and check

2. Press Windows + S key and type CMD and click on Run as Administrator.
    Copy and paste this command, then press enter:

"PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*). InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Restart PC and check

3. Reset the Windows Store Cache by pressing the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/windo...yout-and/0a58ef66-bab3-4ce5-82f2-65265e59a51d

Kind regards
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

Hello kieranimo,

Thank you for your reply!

Just to clarify, are you able to fix the issue by closing the Xbox Social widget in the Game Bar?

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. iCaaPz Win User

Xbox game bar

No Game Bar, clique em "Menu de Widgets" na barra superior, logo após isso clique em "Xbox Social" e voltará ao normal.

Espero ter ajudado.

-[Translation - In the Game Bar, click on "Widget Menu" on the top bar, right after that click on "Xbox Social" and you will be back to normal.

Hope this helps.]
  5. ADHDBoi Win User

Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing?

1. too long ago

2. Windows 11 22H2

3. No Idea

4. I've tried everything, repairing, resetting, everything.

My game bar works, except for when I open up the social widget. When I open the social widget, it kicks me out of the game bar and when I do the shortcut, it opens for a second and then closes right away.
  6. kieranimo Win User

Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

Hi YanYannnn,

Yes, closing the Xbox Social widget in the Game Bar temporarily resolves the issue.

I say 'temporarily' because I'd still consider this a workaround to a continuing bug in Game Bar. Once I've left my party, it should stop using my microphone immediately. I should not need to also close the Xbox Social widget.

I don't suppose there's any way to flag this as a technical issue so it gets to a dev team, is there?

Thanks,

Kieran
Thema:

1. How do I fix the social widget in Xbox game bar for pc? - Similar Threads - fix social widget

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. Suspended from xbox social for no reason. How do you fix this? Details below.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suspended from xbox social for no reason. How do you fix this? Details below.: I was just suspended for saying "Never really got into the accommodation grind but kind of interested" on a looking for group post for sea of thieves. Literally got an xbox suspension for no...
  8. fix social and shop problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fix social and shop problems: the social and shop items do not work Can send or receive gifts. can not shop when will microsoft and xbox fix my problem it has been almost 2 weeks now of them not working....
  9. Fix the xbox one social notifications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix the xbox one social notifications: Since around February or March microsoft broke the social notifications on the console with an update they did. Now they need to fix it cause only need 1 nofication that someone added me as a...
  10. Can Microsoft FIX the party/Fiends/Social Tools PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Microsoft FIX the party/Fiends/Social Tools PLEASE: Hi everybody, Its so sooo anoying that the Party/Friends Chat still not working! Is that so complicated to fix this Problem? Every time on the weekend when your playing with friends happend...