How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?

Discus and support How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Split from... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Ms. Stovall, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Ms. Stovall
    Ms. Stovall Guest

I have been experiencing the same issue on my Xbox one, YouTube app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. I also tried turning off and on my Xbox and restarting it multiple times but none of these steps fixed the problem.

:)

Ms. Stovall, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello amanda ballard1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to fix the screen tearing that occurs when using YouTube app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern.

We will be asking few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What device are you using to access YouTube app?

2. When does the issue happen?

3. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to help resolve your concern?

4. Can you send us screenshot of the actual picture? Make sure to conceal any personal and sensitive information.

We will be discussing more on how to resolve the issue once we gather the needed information

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Ms. Stovall,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues with the Youtube app on your Xbox One, wherein you are getting screen tearing.

Here are possible solutions that we can perform.

Check if you have a pending update:

You can also get an update at any time by following these steps:

1. Make sure that your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system> Settings > System > Updates.
    3. Under Updates, you’ll see:
      • Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or
      • No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
    Please see: About system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

To uninstall the app:

1. On the Home screen, select My games & apps > Apps.
    2. Highlight the app you want to uninstall.
    3. Press the Menu button  on your controller, and then select Uninstall > Uninstall all.
    To reinstall the app:

1. On the Home screen, select My games & apps > See all > Full library > All owned apps.
    2. Select the app to reinstall, and then select Install all.
    3. After install, try launching the app.
    If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.

Please see: An app won't start on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Screen tear glitch on Xbox YouTube app

Hi Lance, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work uninstalling and reinstalling the app will be the next step.
Thema:

1. How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch? - Similar Threads - fix screen tear

2. Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to fix my black screen of death?: My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a...
  3. HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?: When I turned my Xbox on the screen only shows green. When I move the stick around it still makes the sound for selecting things. Is there anyway to fix this submitted by /u/FlaminghairBall_...
  4. My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?: My brothers Xbox stopped working a few months back. It was slowing down, not popping up the home menu, and eventually just wouldn’t show anything other than a black screen. After a few months, he...
  5. Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it: The top right quarter is all stretched out and the bottom half is just black and I don't know how to fix it 8ea5438a-22de-48c2-bd86-8ffd13470b49
  6. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  7. Xbox series static screen fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series static screen fix: I've had a couple Xbox Series S With the gray static screen If you have this issue and have replaced the port and even the retimer chip and it still not working. Enter safe mode and reset...
  8. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  9. How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?: I try to to watch YouTube and the screen splits in half and the top glitches and the bottom continues playing 831161f8-cd74-43fb-8e7e-dbfcadaba327
  10. I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...: This happens for some games and not all time 78f0f685-f40c-4661-9061-0725ae152a43