How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply

Discus and support How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply 8320572b-fb47-45a5-bd0b-0fa5d2c454b7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by danny philips, May 4, 2024.

1. How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply

:)

danny philips, May 4, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there Danny P! I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues running your Xbox.

If your Xbox 360 AC power supply is showing an orange light, it usually indicates that the power supply is in standby mode and not delivering power to the console. This can be caused by a few different issues. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue:

Ensure that all connections are secure between the Xbox 360 console, the power supply, and the wall outlet.
    Disconnect and reconnect all cables, ensuring they are firmly and correctly connected.

Look for any visible signs of damage or wear on the power supply unit and cables. If you see any exposed wires or scorch marks, replace the power supply.

Try plugging the power supply into a different wall outlet. Sometimes the issue might be with the outlet and not the power supply.
    Avoid using power strips or extension cords, as these can sometimes cause problems.

If the power supply is hot, turn off the console and unplug the power supply from the wall. Let it cool down for a while before plugging it back in. Overheating can trigger the unit to go into a safety shutdown mode.

Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet.
    Wait for at least 10 minutes. This waiting period helps to reset the internal circuitry of the power supply.
    Plug the power supply back into the wall outlet and check if the light turns green.

Make sure that the console itself isn’t the cause of the problem. Look for any unusual signs when you try to turn it on, such as strange noises or smells, which could indicate a hardware problem with the console.

If possible, try using a different compatible power supply with your console to determine if the issue is with the console or the original power supply.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

XBOX 360 MAKES A BEEP AND THE POWER BRICK TURNS RED

Check the light on your power supply

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox 360 No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply
    warranty is the same as your console warranty).
  4. xbox360italy Win User

Power supplies

[quote user="Attusuzzar"]

I have a 360 arcade and the AC adapter turns itself off every now and then and the light on it goes red, it also often makes quite a loud noise. I'm thinking of getting a new adapter but I don't know if it will matter if I get a 150 watt adapter like I have
    now, or a 175 watt adapter.

Any help would be very appreciated.

[/quote]

Check the light on your power supply:

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our Xbox No Power Solution.

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can Order a replacement Xbox
    360 power supply
    from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).
  5. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Overheating or something else?

Sorry OP I forgot to ask what colour is the light on the power supply when this happens?.

If the light is red, see:

Xbox 360 power supply light is red.

If the light is orange, see:

The Xbox 360 console's power supply light is orange.

If the light is off, see:

Xbox 360 console's power supply light is off.
  6. Lee-1D32687A-8B6E-48 Win User

power supply

Hey there mate!

If your power supply has a flashing orange light, it may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1.Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

2.If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power
    supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

Here is a link for more info!

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply
Thema:

1. How do I fix the orange light on my Xbox 360 AC power supply - Similar Threads - fix orange light

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  8. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  9. What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed?: So recently I've been trying to use my old Xbox 360 for the memories and also because I'm really bored.. my controller was working but the day after it randomly stopped turning on while I was...
  10. How do I fix my power brick when it's orange then white then orange then power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my power brick when it's orange then white then orange then power off: How do I fix my power brick wen it's orange then white then orange then power off? 103b8ea8-7180-4093-93d2-d4033035789a