How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

Discus and support How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Supermoe360, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Supermoe360
    Supermoe360 Guest

I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move my left joystick down it 9/10 doesn’t work and the input doesn’t go through. Can someone please help me out here I had tried cleaning the joysticks in which didn’t work.

:)

Supermoe360, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox controller.

I understand that you have already exhausted all the workarounds yet the issue persists.

If updating the controller's firmware doesn't work, I'm afraid the only best option is to check for your controller's free warranty replacement order through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Sam Peak Win User

Xbox One control Drifting up

After doing an update on my xbox one wireless controller, which was necessary so that I couldon't use my new headset, the left analogue stick is drifting up which has made it almost impossible to play any games. How can I fix this issue or get a replacement
    controller.
  4. jasonpickup Win User

Faulty Sticks

No this isn’t an update fix it’s a fault with the controller , all 4 that I have bought have had a broken left stick
  5. michaelgualtieri2 Win User

Controller issues

Hi,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

This problem is not just with one controller, it happens with all my controllers. The right thumb stick does not work.

I already had done the factory reset, saving games and apps before making the post. I also went into the accessories menu for controllers to the configuration menu and tested the buttons on all controllers. In the test it shows all buttons including the right thumb stick work. Then I went to the menu and switched the thumb sticks. When I went back to the Home Screen the right thumb stick was working but the left was now unresponsive. I will try to do another reset but I don’t believe it has to do with the controllers it’s definitely something with the console. If it doesn’t work I guess I’ll have to send it in for repair.

Thanks again for your timely response
  6. codzilla584 Win User

Disabling “Fast scrolling” on a controller

Hello, and thanks for replying!

-I’m using an Xbox one S

-I’m using an Xbox Series S/X controller

-Yes I’m using this controller wirelessly

-I’ve tried resetting my console, re-syncing the controller, updating the controller and more.

-I do not have any external devices connected to my console other than the power supply

There’s a possible chance that this issue could be caused by stick drift, because when I go to the configuration and testing section of the Xbox accessories app in settings, it shows that the left control stick is being pressed even though I’m not actually pressing down on it, however I’m not entirely sure how that ties in with the whole menu browsing being fast since if I leave my controller idle it doesn’t move automatically like having stick drift would.

I’m considering opening up the controller to see if there is anything major or obvious that’s wrong with it because from the exterior there doesn’t appear to be. But if you don’t recommend me doing that then please let me know.

Thanks again for this as I haven’t had much luck elsewhere!
Thema:

1. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work - Similar Threads - fix left stick

2. How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.: left joist stick is giving me drift problems on current blue controller and other blue controller the RB button doesn't work. 2f012bce-9e74-4bf1-8ee0-5646d5c2a9f1
  3. How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...: My left analog stick doesn’t work when I press it down and my up on the d-pad doesn’t work either. I haven’t used my controller or been on my xbox for a while and I don’t think anything has...
  4. Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick: After connecting to a different Xbox for the first time and pressing the change profile button, the controllers home button turned dark blue and came unresponsive except for the left analog stick...
  5. My Elite Xbox 2 controller, left stick is not working I'm willing to pay anyone who can fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Xbox 2 controller, left stick is not working I'm willing to pay anyone who can fix...: Need help fixing my Elite 2 controller the left stick will not work anymore willing to pay for the person to fix it and willing to pay for the part's 76163ea0-e618-4991-b7a7-2c63d3bee6db
  6. Xbox One controller d-pad and left stick sensitivity fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller d-pad and left stick sensitivity fix: A few minutes ago I thought my Xbox One controller was broken, the d-pad and left stick were oversensitive and I couldn't move to the right panel on the Xbox button menu. I noticed the left bumper...
  7. my controller keeps holding down the left analog stick down how do i fix that

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller keeps holding down the left analog stick down how do i fix that: my controller is holding down the left analog stick how do i fix that af6a7cfd-cc12-4546-8129-6d2e500b2d64
  8. How do you fix an xbox elite series 2 stick left trigger? Third issue I have had with this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix an xbox elite series 2 stick left trigger? Third issue I have had with this...: First off I bought the xbox elite series 2 controller through xbox. I had to turn in my controller twice now. One for the LB Button being sticky and requiring more force to press the button....
  9. Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix?: Hello, all. I was having a problem with my left stick horizontal motion, where it would drift left without actuacta moving the stick. If I moved it to the right though the digital indicator would...
  10. Xbox One Left Stick Problems ( not responding) please help me fix.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Left Stick Problems ( not responding) please help me fix.: OK so I've owned this controller as long as I've owned the Xbox and lately the left joystick is becoming slightly unresponsivebut it is still enough to massively change how I play games. The...