how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition)

Discus and support how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; for a bit of backtracking, i've been mysteriously signed out of my xbox live account on my computer, all i wanted was to play minecraft windows 10 like... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mare luna, Sep 9, 2023.

1. mare luna
    mare luna Guest

for a bit of backtracking, i've been mysteriously signed out of my xbox live account on my computer, all i wanted was to play minecraft windows 10 like i usually do, but it will not let me sign back in. it just keeps giving me that unsettling error code mentioned in the title. i've looked up all the articles i can find telling me to check my date and time, i've restarted my computer, i've uninstalled old minecraft launchers from previous years, ive done the services.msc trick, i've uninstalled and reinstalled every possible xbox product i have on my computer and nothing came of any of it. xbox services are not down as i am writing this, and this has been my 3rd attempt to fix this, so it's not like they've been unknowingly undergoing issues. some articles say it might be a licensing problem, but i can still launch minecraft, i just can't play it (Note: the actual xbox app will not let me sign in either) in addition to all this, java minecraft works perfectly fine. what in the world am i to do about this?

UPDATE: this video works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDLYIlz99w

:)

mare luna, Sep 9, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello mare luna,

We appreciate you for sharing this to us and welcome to Xbox forums.

We understand that you're experiencing this issue with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Really appreciate your time and effort for trying all the possible solutions you could apply from your end before sharing this to us.

Error code 0x87DD0005 usually indicates a problem with the Xbox Live service or your account. Let's work on this together.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions that will help us understand further:

• Was this working just fine before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, here are some steps you can try to fix this issue:

Note: You can skip the step you've taken.

1. Check the Xbox Live service status: Before proceeding with any troubleshooting steps, it's important to check the Xbox Live service status. You can do this by visiting the Xbox Live Status page (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status). If there are any issues with the service, you may need to wait until they are resolved before you can sign in.

2. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Clear the Xbox Live cache: Clearing the Xbox Live cache can sometimes resolve sign-in issues. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter. This will clear the Xbox Live cache.

4. Reset the Microsoft Store cache: Resetting the Microsoft Store cache can also help resolve sign-in issues. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter. This will clear the Microsoft Store cache.

5. Check your account status: Ensure that your Xbox Live account is in good standing and that there are no issues with your subscription or payment method. You can check your account status by visiting the Xbox Live account page (https://account.xbox.com/en-US/).

6. Reinstall Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, click on it, and select Uninstall. Once it's uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the game.

7. Reinstall Xbox App.

8. Check your Windows Update. Make sure your PC is up to date with the latest Windows updates.

Source: Error 0x87DD0005 occurs when using your Xbox or Windows 10 Device

I hope these steps help you with the issue. If you continue to experience problems, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello mare luna,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. IanWalker6 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition

I am trying to redeem a Minecraft windows 10 edition key from the Mojang website.

This is the prompt I am trying to redeem from:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minecraft for Windows 10

You bought Minecraft: Java Edition during a period of time when Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free. Claim your redeemable gift code by clicking the button below and follow the instructions. As you
    might have guessed, Minecraft for Windows 10 can only be played on Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It allows for users who have purchased the java edition of the game to then redeem a code for the windows 10 edition of the game.

This is the error message that pops up:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't worry though, more codes should be on their way. Please check back later!

Thanks for any help!
  5. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  6. MB5656 Win User

Minecraft problems

Hi, which version of Minecraft PC is this?

Windows 10 edition Beta?

Minecraft PE: Windows Phone?

Minecraft PE: android?

Minecraft PE: iOS?

and what is the error codes you get when trying to sign in?

Also do you have the Xbox app installed on your device?
Thema:

1. how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition) - Similar Threads - fix error code

2. What is the error code 0x87e10032, and how to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the error code 0x87e10032, and how to fix it?: I woke up this morning to try to play some games on my xbox one s console, and recently my console has been slow, having lots of menu lag (takes 15 minutes to load one menu), and games crash uppon...
  3. How Do You Fix Error Code E100 00000703 80910002 On The Original Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do You Fix Error Code E100 00000703 80910002 On The Original Xbox One?: I had given my Xbox One Original to my younger brothers. Everything had been working normal for a couple months until they told asked me for help. I turned on the Xbox and it gets stuck on 77%...
  4. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  5. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  6. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1
  7. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f
  8. How do i fix error code 0x80070002.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix error code 0x80070002.: When i try to download a game or an app from xbox app/microsoft store there is always the error 0x80070002. I had this for a couple of months and it does not fix itself. I would really like to...
  9. Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox: I need help, everytime i try to clip a video or record a video i get a error code (0x82323002) and i don't know what it is. I found that someone asked this same question and they got a answer so I...
  10. how to fix error code 0x80073d0f

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix error code 0x80073d0f: So, this my first time getting an error message. I've tried a full shutdown and restarting but it still says Try launching again shortly if home still won't try reinstalling it should fix the...