How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

Discus and support How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EzDezzzy, Jan 23, 2024.

1. EzDezzzy
    EzDezzzy Guest

My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I do? is their a fix or can I get a new one?

:)

EzDezzzy, Jan 23, 2024
  2. WMnathan1 Win User

Series X/S controller stick drift

I received a custom Series C controller as a gift. It is out of warranty and just recently developed a nasty thumb stick drift. Microsoft zero help. Can this be repaired?
    If you have a screw driver you need to remove your xbox controller and then clean where the stick drift is then put it back together and you have it fixed.
  3. MrSilverFoxx Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Garbage

I feel your pain. I got mine for Christmas, and about 6 months in, I got stick drift. So I reached out to Warranty and Repair, and they approved it to be shipped back in and they replaced it. After shipping it, it took about 2 weeks to get a new controller
    back.

Unfortunate that stick drift is a common thing these days, but that's what I did to handle my Series 2 controller.
  4. Seriously Scott Win User

XBOX ONE Controllers

Never had a "sticky" controller, had a stick drift issue, but fixed it with some warranty voiding DIY haha, now have some funky metal sticks for my Titanfall controller.
  5. Zebuluhn Win User

Stick drift out the box

If you are having problems with stick drift I recommend calling Microsoft to check the controller(s) warranty status and scheduling a repair.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Joystick Drifts Upward

If you have the controller updated and are still experiencing the stick drift. There is no known fix for the issue except repair or replacement. If it is out of warranty then the best solution is replacement.
Thema:

1. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty. - Similar Threads - fix stick drift

2. if i spray bw100 in my analog sticks to fix stick drift, does that void my warranty?

in XBoX on Windows
    if i spray bw100 in my analog sticks to fix stick drift, does that void my warranty?: elite series 2 core controller has stick drift, if i spray bw100 in the sticks will it void my warranty? y/n? 083e3a09-55d7-4a96-9298-7ea94b99f05b
  3. Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue: Stick drift issue has anyone had there controller fixed by Microsoft when it’s no longer under warranty and how much did this cost 7816b4ab-e046-4611-a39a-07945b5efd5d
  4. How To Fix Stick Drifting Upwards Automatically?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Fix Stick Drifting Upwards Automatically?: I literally run tests in the controller labs and the stick doesnt show up as drifting in one direction, it will look fine when experimenting, but then drift upwards in games like Apex, Overwatch,...
  5. How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.: left joist stick is giving me drift problems on current blue controller and other blue controller the RB button doesn't work. 2f012bce-9e74-4bf1-8ee0-5646d5c2a9f1
  6. How can I fix my stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my stick drift?: On all 3 of my xbox series x controller I have gotten stick drift. However all of them are similar with them not having a problem with the thumbstick but something else. When my controller stick...
  7. Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...: Xbox One Controller I have 2 that have stick drift, both pretty bad 6f238de7-24d6-4eae-827c-940eddb415da
  8. How to fix Xbox stick drift on Xbox wireless controller without breaking apart

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Xbox stick drift on Xbox wireless controller without breaking apart: Ive had issues while playing with Xbox wireless controller whenever I play a game my cursor just goes up and in games like fortnite I can't aim properly so I need help to fix it...
  9. How to fix Elite Controller 2 stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix Elite Controller 2 stick drift: Have an elite controller 2 which I love. Bought last year but has had light use and always kept in case. Anyway playing Minecraft with my kid today and noticed that it has developed stick drift...
  10. Are they going to fix the Elite controller button and stick drift issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are they going to fix the Elite controller button and stick drift issues?: This is ridiculous! Spent the $180 to get the Elite 2 and of course, two weeks past the manufacturer warranty, it pretty much stops working. Buttons only register every few clicks, left stick...