How do I fix my xbox to turn on?

Discus and support How do I fix my xbox to turn on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turn on my xbox the xbox intro shows up but when it is past that it only shows a gray screen and I can't see anything no matter how long I wait.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matt Trainor, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Matt Trainor
    Matt Trainor Guest

When I turn on my xbox the xbox intro shows up but when it is past that it only shows a gray screen and I can't see anything no matter how long I wait. The only thong I can do is hold down my xbox button on my controller to turn off the console or reset the console. It also gives me a message that my controller needs to update but I have don't that lots of times. Can someone help?

:)

Matt Trainor, Jun 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Matt, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can factory reset the console and see if it helps.

Press and hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Continue holding the Pair button until you see the Troubleshoot Mode on your TV.

Select Reset This Xbox > Keep games & apps > Confirm the process.

Let me know if it works!
  3. OpticRJames Win User

How do i fix my xbox that turns on and instantly turns off?

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why is my xbox not turning back on and how do I fix it?

Are you able to see video signal or everything's back?

Did you tried to start the troubleshooting menu in your console ?

"Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button  on the console.
    Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on these consoles by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .
    Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. FAKIR101 Win User

how do i fix my xbox it turns on then cuts out???

you can test the power vrick by unpluging it from yoyr console and only plugging it into the wall to see if you can get rid of the orabge light
  6. denis97g Win User

how do i fix my xbox it turns on then cuts out???

I'm afraid it's something to do with the power bar, you may have to buy a new one.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my xbox to turn on? - Similar Threads - fix turn

2. HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?: When I turned my Xbox on the screen only shows green. When I move the stick around it still makes the sound for selecting things. Is there anyway to fix this submitted by /u/FlaminghairBall_...
  3. How do i fix the transmitter not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix the transmitter not turning on: Fresh out the package the transmitter doesnt turn on it never blinked the headset works fine. This is my second paid because my first one broke Turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2...
  4. So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox One S won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?: It turned off one day in the middle of me playing a game, and hasn't turned back on since. When I hit the power button, it makes the noise of it turning on, lights up for about a second, then...
  5. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  6. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  7. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  8. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  9. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  10. Besically I can’t turn off my camera audio on my Xbox . Fix . Plz.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Besically I can’t turn off my camera audio on my Xbox . Fix . Plz.: There needs to be a way to turn off my mic volume especially while streaming! 46d3df6a-8594-4dfa-b06a-a7264725a260