How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console?

Discus and support How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I currently have an Xbox Series S in my room and I’ll use it every once and a while but every time I do use it recently I have to reset the entire... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KennyG Jr., Jul 29, 2023.

1. KennyG Jr.
    KennyG Jr. Guest

How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console?

I currently have an Xbox Series S in my room and I’ll use it every once and a while but every time I do use it recently I have to reset the entire console in order for it to connect to the WiFi. The router is in the living room and it only just started having this issue. All other devices and everything stays connected but the Xbox. Is this a reoccurring issue or is there a fix to this before I bring it back and try to get a new one?

:)

KennyG Jr., Jul 29, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your Xbox problem.

When you say reset, does it mean that you have to do the factory reset on the console before it connects again?

Can you check if this has nothing to do with the network by connecting your console to another network like your mobile hotspot perhaps?

You can also try this method:

Please Go to Settings:

> Network

> Network Settings

> Advanced Settings.

Select the alternate MAC address and then select delete/clear.

You must restart the console for the change to take effect.

And please do this:

Set DNS manually. To manually configure DNS settings, follow the steps below:

1.- Go to Settings

2.- Select Network

3.- Select Network Settings

4.- Select Advanced network settings.

5.- Go to DNS Servers, set it to Manual> enter 8.8.8.8 in the 'Primary' field and 8.8.4.4 in 'Secondary'
  3. Nick Redmond Win User

My Brightness lowers significantly when I open any games or apps

Thanks for the reply but this didn't do anything. I've reset my Xbox by going through system and console info, I've unplugged everything for 5 minutes and booted up, I've hard reset a number of times, I've disconnected myself from the wifi and tried these as well. Nothings fixed it so far
  4. Timmay-4384B314-25B1 Win User

Xbox One S WiFi Networking Connectivity Issues

I recently replaced my original Xbox One with an S and am having very similar issues. I thought it was more ISP at first, but none of my other devices have suffered from the spiking speeds or random disconnect from WIFI. I'm not sure how they haven't fixed
    this by now. Had no issues on original Xbox One.
  5. lxSakuraixl Win User

My xbox one s disconnects from the wifi by it self

Hi i would like to know why my xbox one s disconnects from the internet by it self is there anyway to fix this?
    try restart your wifi or try to restart your xbox
  6. SacredFATBOYII Win User

Strict NAT, can't obtain Teredo IP address on X1, what is going on??

Try hard resetting the console and disconnecting from the wifi then connect back.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console? - Similar Threads - fix series disconnecting

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  4. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  5. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  6. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  7. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  8. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  9. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  10. Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...: I purchased my Xbox Series X in December, it's still under warranty. It will randomly disconnect from the network and will not connect after updating, restarting, etc. The only way to get the...