How do I fix my Xbox cutting off my recording as soon as I start it?

Discus and support How do I fix my Xbox cutting off my recording as soon as I start it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, sometimes as soon as I press “start recording” on my Xbox, it will stop it immediately. I’m not able to record anything. I have a brand new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gxnd0, May 13, 2024.

1. gxnd0
    gxnd0 Guest

Hi there, sometimes as soon as I press “start recording” on my Xbox, it will stop it immediately. I’m not able to record anything. I have a brand new Series S. My last Series S was doing the same thing and that’s why I bought a new one. I have external storage plugged in (usb flash drives) that are compatible with Xbox. They are 3.2 speed - 128gb. I’ve bought multiple new flash drives to try and correct this issue and one of my flash drives has been corrupted in the process. I really need an answer or a full refund on my Xbox. This seems ridiculous to me. I’m typing this pretty upset because I’ve lost a lot of gameplay due to this issue. If someone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

:)

gxnd0, May 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Gxnd0, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This is affecting more users, it's an issue that started with the last update.

For now, switching back to Internal storage and resetting the console has "fixed" it.

We will need to wait for a system patch or update.

Please, contact Xbox support and let them know this is an issue:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

I hope this helps.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Why is my Xbox cutting on then cutting back off? How do I fixed that?

What exactly do you mean?

Do you mean the console turns on, then turns itself off again? If so, does it turn itself off immediately after turning it on, or does it happen at random?

Or do you mean that the image on your TV/monitor cuts in and out with a black screen?
  4. SwRxOwnage Win User

Console freezing and Game DVR issues plus other odd problems after June update

Yeah same here, not to that extent though, when i'm playing CoD i record like 2 or 3 clips and when i try to record the 4th it freezes when i try to snap back to the game but the game is still playing so i just need to sit and watch myself die over and over
    and then every time i try to turn my console off through my controller it freezes completely, it's really annoying and it's only started in the past few days for me, i hope someone will know how to fix it soon or they update something to fix it
  5. Dman Dad Win User

Xbox Game Bar "Not Working", HOW to fix?

Further. I had a question about storage (and no I have not gone back into a game and/or tried recording yet, to see if works. Yet). My laptop has a SSD of 456GB free space (supposed to be a 512GB SSD, assuming it doesn't show some of that as usable, reserving for core functions), it shows 352GB is available. That is PLENTY space if I recon, but video takes up a G or 2 for 30m-1h recordings, +/- some... does the amount of available storage have anything to do with the recording? Will it discontinue cause it thinks storage is gonna run out soon? Would it at least save the recording of what I had upto that moment when it cuts off??

These recordings I've been doing, few times the recording cuts off within seconds after I start it, so I notice right away something wrong, and don't continue. Other times, I've recorded for 30m-1h and it cuts off with that error message, but I don't find the recording of what it's recorded so far, any where. As if it deletes that or doesn't get saved? I'm curious if that has anything to do with the storage capacity! Asside from those observations, I also have 1 of two different external media HD, I have a KESU 1Tb, and a WD 2Tb, both HD, both under 30% capacity used. So I should have PLENTY of capacity for video storage? Correct??
  6. Shoryouken Win User

Resident Evil 0 HD Freezes

Same thing happened to me first time playing this game. Theres no way to skip cut scenes because as soon as you connect the wires the screen goes black and your xbox cuts off. Hopefully microsoft come up with a fix I bought this game a while back and I
    just now started playing it.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my Xbox cutting off my recording as soon as I start it? - Similar Threads - fix cutting off

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?: So I’ve been having this issue lately where my audio will start cutting in and out randomly at like 10 second intervals and it gets really bad while in an Xbox patty and people are talking....
  8. Why is my Xbox cutting on then cutting back off? How do I fixed that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox cutting on then cutting back off? How do I fixed that?: Why is my Xbox cutting on then cutting back off? How do I fix this 11459e11-8b7c-4ebb-9992-bbae173360ed
  9. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  10. Xbox Live Cut Fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Cut Fix: If it cuts off randomly go offline then go back online it works 100% of the time 06d4c421-a152-4ee9-80f2-bdcd0fe60ff1