How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?

Discus and support How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion and attempted to install it. There was plenty of space on the machine but the installation got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Will Keleher, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Will Keleher
    Will Keleher Guest

I purchased the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion and attempted to install it. There was plenty of space on the machine but the installation got hung up. After a bit of innocent troubleshooting, there was no progress. My Xbox app was no longer displaying any of the games I had installed as depicted in the attached image. I had to resign for the time being as I had an update on my computer. I let the update run and stepped away from the machine. When I came back about 30 minutes later it had not finished restarting and I knew there was a problem. I had to manually shut down the computer mid-restart. The machine claimed that the update was successful even with the interference. When I went to play a different game I received a page fault error that resulted in a blue screen and restart. After diving through a rabbit hole of different forum posts trying to find a similar problem, the only results that bore any fruit were the nuclear options, PowerShell. I used PowerShell to remove Gaming Services and restarted my computer. After reinstalling Gaming Services, my issues seemed resolved. I could see my library and the download of MK11 AE was resuming. Unfortunately, the download was hung up again and could not be canceled. Despite my best efforts the program just stood still. I could not truly cancel the download as it remained "Canceling" indefinitely. I have used this app extensively over the past few years and have never encountered a problem like this. I am looking for any help to resolve this issue. I can provide additional information if needed. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services? [​IMG]

:)

Will Keleher, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Will Keleher,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you wanted to play Mortal Kombat through Xbox app on Windows and is unable to because the Xbox app and Gaming Services is not allowing you to view the complete list of games in the library. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

We appreciate you have shared the steps you made to troubleshoot this issue. There could be 3rd party app that hinders you to play Xbox games or see the complete lists of the games. Otherwise, Xbox app needs more related services to be working for the game library to show. Let us isolate this issue by asking your few questions:

1. May we ask if you have issues installing Microsoft Store games? You may try to install Minecraft Launcher or Microsoft Sudoku or Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    2. Do you have antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer installed in your PC?
    3. Do you have Xbox Network issues? Feel free to follow the steps below:
      • For Windows 10:
        • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
        • Look for NAT Type.
        • Please reply with a screenshot or picture of the Xbox Network.
      • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
        • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
        • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
        • Look for NAT Type.
        • Please reply with a screenshot or picture of the Xbox Network.
    4. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent update or new application installed on your device?
    5. is this computer for personal use or connected to a domain?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

• Restart device -
      • This will clear your computer’s memory/RAM.
    • Keep your Windows updated -
      • Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
        • Settings > Update & Security (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 11) > Check for updates > download updates and install > restart device and wait for the update to be done.
      • If you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
      • Update your Windows and Windows drivers:
    • For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.
    • Update Xbox app and Gaming Services from Microsoft Store
      • Launch Microsoft Store app on Windows by searching it on Windows search bar.
      • Select Library > Updates & downloads > check if an update is available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app.
      • If an update is available, select Update.
    • Sign out your account on Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Make sure you are signed in to Microsoft Store and Xbox app with the same credentials.
    • (EA App) Close both Xbox app and EA app and relaunch the Xbox app.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services.
      • Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • Type this command one at a time, press enter and wait:
        get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
        start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
      • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
      • Restart your device and try to install the game again
    Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues? *SOLVED*

You said you have fixed it? Do you need further help with anything?

Regards
  5. InscrutableDuck Win User

Ok I was able to solve it by restoring the pc to a restore point of a few weeks back so that's nice.

I thank you again for your time, I really appreciated it.

Have a nice day Nilay!!
  6. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Everything you said is perfect. Nothing wrong you said. :) I can understand the frustration. I'd recommend you reset your internet connection and if nothing works there then unfortunately windows reset will be the last resort there.

Best Regards
Thema:

1. How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services? - Similar Threads - fix App Gaming

2. How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?: Whenever my cousin sends me a voice message from his Xbox One, I get notified of it in both the Xbox App and Game Bar. Both recognise it as a voice message but neither allow me to play it. In the...
  3. Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...: You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days. You can choose a new PC on... But it's the same computer just with a fresh Windows Install. Same Serial Number and...
  4. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  5. Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data): Hi Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking assistance with an issue that arose after resetting my Windows 11 PC, utilizing the "keep personal data" option....
  6. Games Are disappearing On xbox app on PC does anyone know how to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Are disappearing On xbox app on PC does anyone know how to fix it?: I recently I bought Jurassic world evolution 2 Like a 1 year ago And it was 60.00$ And now its gone from my library. Im on the PC app. I hope someone knows a answer to fix this....
  7. Gunfire reborn Not working. Pc app not working to fix game on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gunfire reborn Not working. Pc app not working to fix game on console: So I have been trying to install the xbox app for forever following all the guides and things like that, but i gave up. I have an xbox so no big deal i can just use that except now that im trying...
  8. How do I fix error code 0x808300003 or We can't save any more data for this game or app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix error code 0x808300003 or We can't save any more data for this game or app?: Well my xbox worked fine until a few days ago when the error appeared and has not let me play anything for days, can someone help me fix this without resetting my console. I do nit know a...
  9. How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?: So recently I encountered a problem on the xbox app that wouldn't let me see nor download any games at all, so I did my "research" and found that the problem was the gaming services. I tried...
  10. How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?: I have been using my PC for over a year now. I have had no issues with anything up until 2 days ago when I decided I wanted to play Stardew Valley. I clicked install and started watching YouTube....