How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?

Discus and support How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by elsieee, Mar 14, 2024.

1. elsieee
    elsieee Guest

When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank screen and freezes, or it just stays blank. When I reset or turn off my Xbox, the power button flashes for about 10 minutes, and powers down. I can’t troubleshoot or power cycle it because it won’t let me go anywhere on my Xbox.

:)

elsieee, Mar 14, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Elsieee, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can try to do a system reinstall.

For a detailed guide, please use this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the above link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

------------------------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ------------------------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

---------------------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ---------------------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Jowster12 Win User

I made a typo in my new gamertag, and now I have to pay 10. Freaking. Dollars. To change it. What in the actual frick?

This is annoying. I feel they should have something that can help with something that can happen with errors, like a request system that can actually make it so it can get fixed without someone having to pay.
  4. inskin Win User

My Xbox360 freezes everytime i turn it ON. But if i shut off and restart, it works.

Hi there, sadly here i come again! :)

New system update, and my console now freezes every time...

I've tried to install the new update on my HDD and, after the first series of freezes, i've deleted it with the Mister Fizzle code; after the second installation -with the same problem-, i've removed the HDD and re-re-re-installed the update on my memory
    card. Nothing seems to change, it freezes every time.

I've noticed that it freezes always on profile selection screen or during the access to Xbox Live, and if i press B soon enough, i can use the console without any problem... so, i think the problem something inherent the access to the Live service.

Do you know any issue like this?
  5. TWPortals Win User

How to fix Forza Horizon 5 freezing seemingly due to (or causing) a LiveKernelEvent?

To answer the first statement, Discord and NVIDIA Shadowplay only cause the issue listed on the known issues page (a memory leak resulting in dropping performance). These do not cause the sudden freezing that I keep experiencing. The freezing happens without those two programs running.

The 3rd suggestion listed (the SFC tool) seems to have found and fixed something within the system, so there is a possibility it could have fixed whatever was creating the LiveKernelEvent.

I will run the game for a while and reply with how it goes. Thanks for providing the list of possible fixes.
  6. MythiX Storm Win User

rainbow six bought on xbox one store...

each time it's freeze, I press the xbox button on my controller and my controller vibrate, I wait 1 minute and then the screen goes black and the xbox completly freeze.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing? - Similar Threads - fix actually press

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do we the customers get actual help to fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do we the customers get actual help to fix this?: Does Microsoft even want our buissness? Do they even care About thier customers? How can we reach an actual human to help us? Ive been trying to buy a development mode liscense for my xbox for...
  7. Are they ever going to actually fix the hue Concord error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are they ever going to actually fix the hue Concord error?: I redownload mw2 multiple times just to get the hue Concord that prohibits me from Playing anything online on mw2. I can play all my other games online fine. Please help...
  8. COD MW2/WZ refund help and/or ACTUAL fix - Network offline [Reason: HUEMEME - CONCORD]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD MW2/WZ refund help and/or ACTUAL fix - Network offline [Reason: HUEMEME - CONCORD]: COD MW2/WZ2 -Network offline [Reason: HUEMEME - CONCORD] I have checked the official network. Everything says it's online and running fine. A couple months ago I purchased and downloaded modern...
  9. minecraft not working. need an actual fix.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft not working. need an actual fix.: minecraft isn’t working on my xbox. just recently when i’ve opened the game it loads properly, but once i get to the main menu, i’m completely unable to press or click anything. i can move the...
  10. My Xbox keeps signing me out I need an actual fix for this

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps signing me out I need an actual fix for this: Okay, Im on xbox playing a game on xbox live and suddenly my xbox live connection disconnects and I get signed out of my profile it wont let me connect back to the internet for about 5 minutes on...