How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...

Discus and support How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My left analog stick doesn’t work when I press it down and my up on the d-pad doesn’t work either. I haven’t used my controller or been on my xbox for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YXL XEN0, Aug 13, 2023.

1. YXL XEN0
    YXL XEN0 Guest

How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...

My left analog stick doesn’t work when I press it down and my up on the d-pad doesn’t work either.

I haven’t used my controller or been on my xbox for a while and I don’t think anything has happened to it as it was just sitting on my bedroom floor the whole time.

Normally, my RB button sometimes stops working but I can fix that by blowing into it, but I cant seem to find a way to fix the left analog stick not working when pushed down or my up on the d-pad.

Is there a way to fix this?

:)

YXL XEN0, Aug 13, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not working?

Glad I could help you, YXL X, have a nice day.
  3. YXL XEN0 Win User

How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not working?

Hey Ezequiel. Thanks for reaching out to help me. Sadly I’m not able to renew the controller since it’s past the eligibility date, but I really do appreciate you helping me out!
  4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

5. Haywood77 Win User

My controller is acting strange

Basically when I don't push any buttons on my pad for roughly 5 seconds it randomly uses the up function on the left analogue stick.

I'm sure its the analogue stick as when I press down on the d-pad it fights between going up and down.
  6. W4RMIND Win User

The Orange box HELP

Do you mean left on the d-pad or analog stick.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not... - Similar Threads - fix left analog

2. How do you fix deadzone on left joystick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix deadzone on left joystick?: When I move up on my joystick, it doesn't register but when I move any other direction, it does register. 38f6bee9-0ca1-47b0-b455-71d5e0cc6fa6
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  4. Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...: When I noticed it started to not work I tried to remove the bumper button but damaged it and now I'm worried if it is still going to be under warranty. 8e32780d-71e9-4eaf-88fd-969f19598914
  5. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  6. How to fix my Xbox after the update left it on black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix my Xbox after the update left it on black screen?: On the last update it broke my Xbox One XS it will not update from a thumb drive offline What can I do to get my Xbox fixed bcb638c8-a102-4c44-92da-7b7e4d3c370a
  7. need to fix the cloud gaming menu because if I swipe LEFT by accident I have to wait...

in XBoX on Consoles
    need to fix the cloud gaming menu because if I swipe LEFT by accident I have to wait...: Fix the cloud gaming waiting muen Everytime I swipe left by accident I have to wait through the queue times all over again like why fix it and now I gotta wait 85 minutes...
  8. has MS acknowledged or posted a fix for the Mouse issue (can't right +left click)

in XBoX on Consoles
    has MS acknowledged or posted a fix for the Mouse issue (can't right +left click): There are a bunch of posts in the Xbox subreddit about this, not sure if limited to Series X/S but we are unable to both right-click and left-click at the same time... you know, how you aim and...
  9. How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.: left joist stick is giving me drift problems on current blue controller and other blue controller the RB button doesn't work. 2f012bce-9e74-4bf1-8ee0-5646d5c2a9f1
  10. my controller keeps holding down the left analog stick down how do i fix that

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller keeps holding down the left analog stick down how do i fix that: my controller is holding down the left analog stick how do i fix that af6a7cfd-cc12-4546-8129-6d2e500b2d64